Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing a member's ninja250 on here with a gold/black rear sprocket and I really liked that setup. I'm ordering a 15t / 43t online right now. The front is going to be JT the rear still deciding.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
would be a STEALTH sprocket.
ive got one...its a VERY good piece.
:plusone: after my last all aluminum sprocket wore out in around 5,000 miles I picked up the Stealth sprocket and it's night and day. I only wish they made the 41T rear sprocket with a black center section (Everything on the bike is black and blue and then there's a shiny gold sprocket) :p

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oops haha i thought "sprocketcentre" was a brand of its own until i double clicked the link. $65 shipping to canada damn what a rip off!

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
what? To Overnight it or something? I was pissed I had to pay like $6 sales tax because the company was based in California! :p Shipping was like $8.00. Odd...

I just tried it for Nova Scotia and it was $26 (That seems like a long shipment from California)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i checked their shipping info and it sayd for "full set of wheels (front/back/chain)" would cost $65 to canada. It's ok i just ordered a JT 15t off bikebandit.com and try that out first see if thats enough for me. FYI they have a smoking deal on Shoei RF-1000 Diabolic for $284. Limited sizes available

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Vex,
did you get the front, rear sprocket w/ chain kit?
which ones are you using, 15 front and what rear
I'm using a JT (If I remember correctly) 15T front sprocket although sunstar would be the exact same. The last order I did through cheapcycleparts.com I picked up a couple of shims and shimmed it to match the stock sprocket thickness.

Originally I did a front and rear sprocket + chain through sumofallparts (one of the venders), but I wore out the 41T aluminum sprocket and THAT'S when I went with the Stealth sprocket. I's like it :p The deal that's on sprocketcenter is actually a pretty good deal (with the spockets and chain). It seems pricey, but consider that the rear sprocket itself is normally $80 and the chain is worth a solid $100 .

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm using a JT (If I remember correctly) 15T front sprocket although sunstar would be the exact same. The last order I did through cheapcycleparts.com I picked up a couple of shims and shimmed it to match the stock sprocket thickness.

Originally I did a front and rear sprocket + chain through sumofallparts (one of the venders), but I wore out the 41T aluminum sprocket and THAT'S when I went with the Stealth sprocket. I's like it :p The deal that's on sprocketcenter is actually a pretty good deal (with the spockets and chain). It seems pricey, but consider that the rear sprocket itself is normally $80 and the chain is worth a solid $100 .
yeah, thats the one i was looking at (front, rear, & chain deal). Do I need to shim them though, is that necessary? I'm a completely new rider and only did my 3rd time on the free way today (only about 7 miles one way) and was checking my tach and I got like 8-9000 for a posted 75-80mph. I heard others' and believe my speedo also posts a little higher than reality.

Got to balance my checkbook and see what If I really want to buy it. haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts