Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm interested by the RG Racing crash protectors for my zx6r '03 I i would to know if anybody have installed them.
Give me your opinion about the RG Racing or other please and tell me if it's usless or not.
THX

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Grab some Vortex frame sliders. They've a replaceable Delrin element that'll run you $15 to replace when you toss it down the road. The whole kit runs around $60.

I've yet to crash test them but I'm sure I'll be filling you in before the end of next summer's track season.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I bought some Sato Sliders from Dan Kyle, and they saved me a bunch of money in my low speed drop. Nice pieces and crash tested by me.

JJ

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I just have a look on there yet. Are there in teflon? When you break them, can you purchase only de black piece?

Originally posted by jjordan93

I bought some Sato Sliders from Dan Kyle, and they saved me a bunch of money in my low speed drop. Nice pieces and crash tested by me.

JJ

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you can a picture of your zx6r '03 with de Sato sliders and post it on t he board please?

Originally posted by jjordan93

JJ

·
Registered
354 Posts
RG Racing crash protectors:

I have RG sliders and did a low side at 'bout 35 mph...the slider worked good..grounded down alot...no fairing damage except a scrape on near the brake/peg...the bike slid on the slider, peg and part of the exhaust pipe (not the can)...The only problem I have is to replace the one I have to get a set....maybe Vortex frame sliders...

·
Registered
314 Posts
FYI
Delrin is a plastic (acetal polymer) that has similar properties to metal, strength, hardness, toughness, low friction, yet very light. Developed by Dupont and proposed to be a metal substitute. Its easy to work with (i.e, it can be injected molded, extruded, and even machined to desired shapes.) This makes it ideal for frame sliders!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.