Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a M4 now, but just sold it to change things up. Just wondering if any other slip-ons come with a link pipe with it or do you have to buy an akra/pine box pipe?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't think any slip-ons come with link pipes standard- just full systems or those underbody units that replace the factory pre-muffler chamber like the M4.

·
Hooligan
1,704 Posts
racefit eliminates the pre exhaust chamber

on my bike. its 1 piece - and under 2 lbs... but u do pay for it

m4, and comp werkes also connect right to header, as well as megaphone type exhausts, such as the hotbodies or jardine

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
racefit eliminates the pre exhaust chamber

on my bike. its 1 piece - and under 2 lbs... but u do pay for it

m4, and comp werkes also connect right to header, as well as megaphone type exhausts, such as the hotbodies or jardine
Thanks for showing another sexy picture of your racefit... it is hooooot sex! Makes me want one so badly and the sound of them is phenomenal. I can't complain with my akra but damn, racefit is loud and sexy!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jardine rt5 is super nice, have my eye on that one. Anyone can verify it comes with a link pipe? Any websites to pick it up for a good deal?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
The RT5 DOES eliminate the prechamber. Plus it looks awesome and sounds amazing. I get compliments all the time.

The cheapest I could find and where I bought mine was from Motosport.com. They only have one left in stock. Free 3 day shipping is nice too :D

JARDINE RT-5 SLIP-ON CARBON FIBER EXHAUST | MotoSport

Best bang for the buck IMO.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Racefit is the ultimate can for the 6. It has the SOUND and the LOOK. If you do not fancy forking out £500 GBP you could go down the MGP growler route with pinebox link pipe. There are cheaper link pipes out there, but the pinebox allows you to reinstate the heat shields for for a better cleaner look.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Picked up the RT5 from motosport. I think that is a great deal considering it comes with a link pipe and it's carbon fiber. I wish it was a little more thinker like the Akra and R77 but it sounds lighter so it won't give me a headache like my M4 does :)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
how loud is that RT-5 for you? i want something thats not ridiculous like an M4 lol
It's def louder than stock, but not so loud that you will get a headache. It sounds really good too. A lot of people think it's a full system. I've found that I listen to my ipod less because I just love hearing the bike.

Picked up the RT5 from motosport. I think that is a great deal considering it comes with a link pipe and it's carbon fiber. I wish it was a little more thinker like the Akra and R77 but it sounds lighter so it won't give me a headache like my M4 does :)
You'll love it man I promise. It also comes with a little bumo-stop for the servo to keep it from rotating. It's really light, especially compared to the stock muffler/prechamber combo. I was shocked at how heavy that crap was. One thing I will say is to make sure the three bolts that hold the end piece to the can are really tight. Mine were a bit loose out of the box. Let us know how you like it!:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for you help and telling of the amazing deal! How is the built quality on it? I got rid of my servo when I got the m4 but it's good to know that it includes it.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I'd say the quality is very good, especially for the price. The only issue I had was those 3 bolts on the end. Otherwise, install took all of about 20 mins, and most of that was removing the old exhaust. Since you already have the m4, it shouldn't take long at all. Just be sure to wipe the CF off before you turn it on for the first time. Like I said earlier, I get compliments on the look and sound all the time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts