Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got myself an Akrapovic on ebay, advertised for an 05/06 bike. I have gone to fit it but it does not fit, the bracket is wrong and also the link pipe does not fit into the exhaust. I'm gutted! Does anyone know which bike this is actually for??

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
before giving up hope take a large screw driver or pry bar and slightly enlarge the receiving end of the mid pipe just try not to damage the gasket and if the bracket is wrong will it come off if so make a new one from some aluminum. if wont look at why it wont there maybe a way to make it fit take some pictures well

·
Registered
744 Posts
def the 05 06

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
i'd say that's almost definitely a 636 akro. i just put mine on a few weeks ago. the only other bike that would accommodate an under tail pipe would be the CBR as m_kvamso said

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
i'd say that's almost definitely a 636 akro. i just put mine on a few weeks ago. the only other bike that would accommodate an under tail pipe would be the CBR as m_kvamso said
I dont think it is, the back of the can bulges out way to much and has a weird shape to it. The 05-06 akra has a more round shape to it almost perfectly oval, this can has a flater shape with sharper curves to it. Im almost positive form the pic its not for a 05-06 zx6r. Also the bands that are riveted on arent solid (they have gaps in the band in between the rivets, the ones for the 05-06 are solid bands. Def not 05-06.

Now that I look at it the carbon can clamp isnt made for the 636. The 636 clamp has only one gap in it as opposed to the 2 that this clamp has. And the attachment bracket is found at the top of the clamp, not the sides like that one is showing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The first thing I thought is that it must be for a CBR but I checked on the Akra website looking at the blown up parts diagrams but the CBR can is also different. Very, very odd.

·
Registered
385 Posts
If you look at the two pictures on this listing, yours doesn't look like a 2005/6 to me, maybe a later pipe for the 600, P7F?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Akrapovic-SP-Exhaust-Can-for-Kawasaki-ZX6R-06-Model_W0QQitemZ250286294438QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250286294438&_trkparms=72%3A1121|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Looks like the one I have (and the midpipe). maybe its bent (midpipe) when the bike was laid down which its why it wont fit ?

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Just got myself an Akrapovic on ebay, advertised for an 05/06 bike. I have gone to fit it but it does not fit, the bracket is wrong and also the link pipe does not fit into the exhaust. I'm gutted! Does anyone know which bike this is actually for??
If it was advertised as an 05-06 ZX6R pipe and it isn't, then send it back and get your $$ refunded...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts