Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a slip on exhaust on my 06 ZX6R. I was just curious on which one you guys think is the best for the money. I am looking to spend no more then about 450. I was looking at Yosh, Jardine, Micron, Scorpion and some others.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Akra.

·
Registered
810 Posts
the yosh is what I have, about 285 on indy and i get compliments all the damn time...its nice and deep, throaty, and crackles every now and then

·
Registered
883 Posts
i am looking at exhausts to at the moment and i liked the akra the best.

not only because of how it sounds but i think it is the best looking one out also.

and if u like the akra u can try and win one in the raffle for 10 bucks a ticket. or a 400 dollar credit to advance kawasaki.

·
Registered
338 Posts
well, id have to say MUZZYs.. but i got the full system.. my friends all have different bikes and different exhausts too..
my buddy with the gsxr750 got the high mount BlueFlame (carbon).. sound very nice.. my other buddy with the R6 got the Devil high mount... sounds clean.. and another got a cbr600rr and they got the 2 bro's.. sounds alright.. and one of my other buddies got a gsxr600 with Sato racing full exhaust... sounds like a stock WRX STI (subaru).. i heard the Scorpion oval Slip-on sounds similar to the 2 bros.. try the sound clips on sports rider.. http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/index.html

have fun.. it took me 6-8 months to finally decide on which exhaust i wanted to spend money on.

·
Registered
370 Posts
does anybody actually answer peoples questions..all u guys just spit out your own story...he asked BEST BANG FOR BUCK

so its not akra cause that like saying ferrari is the best bang for buck

best bang!!!!!! (like loudness and quality of sound) is either jardine or (and i hate this one) D&D...or some other one that cheap or HAS A GOOD SOUND/PRICE RATIO!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was in the same boat as you and chose the Jardine. To me, it was the best choice. You get sound, FI fix and a license plate kit. Go with the Jardine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The WRP is cheap and its real loud, everyone will hear you. Althought the fit between it and the rear light theres a bigger gap than other exhaust

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,894 Posts
Well to me 'loud' definately doesn't equal 'good'. Exhausts like Muzzy and D&D, IMO, are so loud that they're obnoxious, and they're the worst sounding exhausts out there...so not only will your bike sound like shit, but EVERYONE will hear your shitty sounding bike for miles around, so they'll be able to point and laugh before you even see them.

Best sounding exhaust for a Kawi, IMO, is Akra. Best bang for your buck, no question, is Termignoni. They sound like a slightly more melodic version of the Akra (not quite as balls-out-race-sounding, but the same general feel to the sound, and it has a very musical tone to it...great to listen to).

·
Registered
62 Posts
I heard the sound of the akra and I think Jardine RT-One sounds way better. It's cheaper as well... Akra sounds stock on idle.. Don't get me wrong, I like how it looks.. but sound wise... nah.....

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,894 Posts
Originally posted by 06TIzx6r
I heard the sound of the akra and I think Jardine RT-One sounds way better. It's cheaper as well... Akra sounds stock on idle.. Don't get me wrong, I like how it looks.. but sound wise... nah.....
That's what I think makes the Akra sound so good. It sounds like what it is. A balls-out race exhaust, no frills. It's just so much crisper and resonant than other exhausts out there that muffle the tone and make it sound all gurgley.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well for BANG for the BUCK...

I ended up with a yosh. Got it for $269 + shipping. I like it, have recieved compliments, but its deff all personal prefrence. But I was pretty much in your boat and went with the yosh.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yoshi, jardine, scorpion, muzzy are all of the cheapest ones. I got muzzy cause I did not like for exhaust to stick out past the tail. So it was akra or muzzy for me. I like louder exhaust tone so I chose muzzy( and it was cheaper than akra ) and can't complain about it :)
P.S. My favorite was /is Lazer xtreme, just love how it looks, never heard it though, but it's like 600 bucks:(

·
Registered
47 Posts
Originally posted by nerijusj
Yoshi, jardine, scorpion, muzzy are all of the cheapest ones. I got muzzy cause I did not like for exhaust to stick out past the tail. So it was akra or muzzy for me. I like louder exhaust tone so I chose muzzy( and it was cheaper than akra ) and can't complain about it :)
P.S. My favorite was /is Lazer xtreme, just love how it looks, never heard it though, but it's like 600 bucks:(
How is the sound and do you have a clip. I have a wrp that came with the bike and its to damn loud at cruizing speed. I want to get something different.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.