Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the frame sliders with through bar better over ones that do not have a bar to connect between?

in event of crash, which has more tendency to damage frame?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Heres an article that might help you make a better decision... read both part 1 and part 2... Frame Slider Design and Selection

Personally, in slow speed lowsides any good quality frame slider will suffice and not damage the frame... However, in the event of moderate to high speed lowsides or highsides... the type of frame slider used will be the least of your concerns... ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
The ones with the through bars provide the best protection... however, if your looking to protect your bike from an accidental tip or a slow speed lowside... go with one that just attaches to the frame... its cheaper and just as effective in this type of situation... Personally, I went with the more economical solution, since I was only looking to protect the fairings from an accidental tip over..

Mine only cost me $25 bucks... :) Economical and effective...

From the sound of it... your looking to maximize the protection of the bike... so if money isnt an issue... go with the through bars if its available for your bike...

If you want a specific recommendation for a frame slider... I'd need to know the year, make, and model of your ride... but i'm sure you've already picked out your favorites... if possible post some picks or links so we can check'em out and give our thoughts on the choices...

Oh, and from the bikes I've seen that have been in accidents... the sliders that were screwed directly to the frame seemed to do the most damage to the frame... surprisingly, if you lowside without sliders... from the bikes I've seen... NO frame damage... just shitload of fairing rash...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
121 Posts
Frame/Engine sliders = waste of money...

Race Rails = not waste of money...

(if you do track days or streeet riding)

Why risk it with the pull out method when you could just rock a condom...

·
Registered
419 Posts
ok, which one - links ?
i need to replace frame sliders. so looking for the best.

i do only few track days a year. mostly weekend rides.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts