Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Use the pump octane that just meets the number on the tank sticker or in the manual. The sticker on the 2003 US bike suggests a minimum of 90 pump octane. Your minimum number may differ if the pumps in your country do not show the average octane number, which is the standard in the US.

Using octane that is higher than the suggested minimum has no practical benefit.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by Strong Bad

Mmm Lativia, I dated a Latvian girl for a while, I would highly recommend trying one out to anyone!
Strong Bad dates a lot of foreign women. He has to. His reputation in the US precedes him, and American women KNOW what he's all about. Be aware.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Use 98 if you got it. The higher the octane, the higher your hp and the lower the harmful particles in the fuel. A lot better for your Fuel Injection.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Originally posted by nugget

Use 98 if you got it. The higher the octane, the higher your hp and the lower the harmful particles in the fuel. A lot better for your Fuel Injection.
You could not be more wrong.

The octane rating, an anti-knock index, indicates a fuel's resistance to auto-ignition or knock. A higher octane rating does not indicate better quality or more power. In fact, a higher octane rating may give less power.

Again, use the octane rating on your tank sticker. In the US, that is 90 pump octane.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I think you might be right Rob Lee. I filled 100 octane (Marketed as Shell Vpower here.) yesterday and felt that the bike sounds a bit louder and you can feel a bit more vibration. Do you think I should use something less[?]

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just a reminder to you all, octane specifications are calculated differently in other countries.

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Another note for the consumers.....

Tha ZX6's being mass produced are done so with minimum/maximum standards.
Thus said, the best compression for your machine is going to be the one posted in the text....value X. Although, by the end of the production line the various motor are +/- value X.
In other words, some motors are stronger than others.
Ever hear of the motors built in Detroit?......always fabled as the good ones to have in your car.

I have tried 87 octane and "my" bike seems to work better on it than 91 octane.......???

Jason

·
Registered
248 Posts
What about VP Ultimate 4? I think it has a octane rating of 92 but I believe it is oxygenated and has lead in it. Would this be of any benefit on the track?(will it help my e.t. at the dragstrip)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.