Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a new helmet. I am between a Shoei Piro or an HJC King Mingus. I currently have a shoei RF-700 but want a helmet to match the bike. Anyone have either of these helmets and can offer some opinions?

You keep campaining for that ass-whooping you might get elected

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You might want to look at the Bells. They are Snell and DOT and a lot less than Shoei or Arai. I had a Bell M4 that I really like but some cretin stole it at Sturgis. Can you believe someone stealin' a helmet a Sturgis.

·
Registered
778 Posts
quote:
You might want to look at the Bells. They are Snell and DOT and a lot less than Shoei or Arai. I had a Bell M4 that I really like but some cretin stole it at Sturgis. Can you believe someone stealin' a helmet a Sturgis.
Sure I can believe that.... If you leave your helmet locked on your bike they will steal your face shield. Especially when your around folks who ride.. whats a better time to steal.

Its so sad....

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
There were about half a million motorcyclist and about three helments (Harley riders you know). Figured it would be pretty safe there.

·
Registered
144 Posts
HJC AC-10 is a great buy...

I own the Pridmore replica and I also have a AGV X-Vent I'm trying to sell that I never wore...Too small for me.

·
Registered
322 Posts
chosen1608:
Your best bet is to try on both types and see which is more comfortable. Every helmet fits differently and can vary a great deal, ie: Arai and Shoei.
Both brands are good and if you stay at the higher end HJC's you won't be getting crap.

Diirk
'99 ZX6R
'02 Raptor
'01 Wolverine
'87 Radian

·
Registered
695 Posts
my HJC cost 200 bucks. I think I got crap.

but to me...it fits perfect and goes great with my bike.

If I lose, then you cheated.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I tried on HJCs, Shoeis, Arais, Bells,and Nolans in search of the most comfortable helmet. I actually ended up buying the King Mingus (AC-12 with a different name). I bought mine for $275 -- which was probably WAY overpriced. After break-in, the thing fits like a dream. Never fogs, even on cold mornings -- not as comfortable as a Shoei or Arai, but the savings in my wallet sure was (about $200-500). Every helmet fits different for every head, but I'm satisfied with my King Mingus. Plus, it looks great with my bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.