Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i 've had my bike for about a month now and i'm just getting my license this week. When I bought the bike the guy gave me his old Shoei helmet. I've been riding with that for now but it is a bit big and now that i'm getting a bit more comfortable and aggressive on my bike, i'm thinking i should get a helmet that fits perfectly. I was looking at some KBC's and HJC's. What do you guys think? are there any other options in the same price range? Also do you know any good places to order helmets from for a good price

thanks

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I think you get what you pay for when it comes to putting something on your head. Try a Shoei that fits you better or go spend the money and get an Arai.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Or on the other hand if you don`t want to fork out the big bucks, you can always get an hjc, i have an hjc cl-14, and i like it, not expensif at all, and it`s a nice looking helmet, i find it very comfortable

·
Registered
212 Posts
As we all know the helmet thing has been beat to death on some of the other forums i read.....Mostly what you get on the high $ helmets is name,more comfort,big name race replicas....As long as it's snell and dot approved you should be good....I myself ponder this same thing....Right now i'm getting the KBC black chrome euro.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks migpig.Do you have that same helmet? If so,can you post a pic? I haven't seen one in person yet....I was just going to order it based on the pic on the net.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i have the same one, thinking of changing, though. not enough vetilation in summer and fogs up big time in winter.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
here's a pic of it. i got it before i painted my bike.

/forum/uploads/arturo3rd/before_paint.jpg

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
heres another shot, it looked bad ass when it was new.

/forum/uploads/arturo3rd/helmet.jpg

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I love Arai. But if you don't want to spend Arai type bucks, have a good look at Suomey... I think they look great, they've bested the best in crash protection, and the price is slightly more reasonable than Shoei or Arai. Still, nothing beats Arai for fit, function, and finish.

·
Registered
133 Posts
No i don`t have one TechT, my buddy has one and it looks amazing! i love that helmet...Nice one arturo3rd, Nice bike too..What color did you paint it?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks again guys....I tried a Wolf on this past weekend and i liked it also....>8}..I also tried on a Suomy Gunwind.I've found them online for around $300-$350 or so.I haven't tried the new Spec 1R yet.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
painted back to yellow, solid color. bought my wolf for $125 ;)

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
New 600cc Motorcycle - $8,500

Full Coverage Insurance - $1,900/year

Having a customer spend all that money and ask me "so, what's the cheapest helmet you've got?"-Priceless

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
you can find it for $150 online. some dealers locally may have it for $300.

·
Registered
133 Posts
That`s a pretty big price difference, considering i`m Canadian especially...so where can you find these online sites that go for cheaper [?]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.