Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys well i'm new looking to buy a bike. Probably the 636 kawasaki. and was wondering how it compares to the cbr and the yamaha's? Be honest now. I really like the kawasaki's look... but is it the best bike for it's money? Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
it's all about the rider. the bikes are so closely match it all about how much the rider get out of the bike. may i put in my 2 cents. i just bought my first bike a 2001 zx6r at first i was thinking of getting a 03 but desided against it. I figured i could use a little less power to learn on and save some money so if i drop it i wouldn't be so pissed. i plan on getting a 05 when they come out.

·
Registered
287 Posts
try to ride all of them if you can. then, whatever you feel the most comfortable with is what you should get. they're all fast, powerful bikes. (now for the salesman mode [:p]) the reason i picked the 636 was at first, the looks. i liked the cbr 600rr until i sat on it. the seat was uncomfortable and the cockpit felt too small (my buddy has one). and i didn't like the hard lines of r6. it just looked better in the commercial than in person. but pound for pound it's a well balanced bike. as for the 636, i was attracted to more of the "little" things like the seat cowl, inverted forks, radial brakes and gold accents. as far as the handling, it is definitely a point and shoot bike. it has the brakes and the power to get you in and out of a turn really fast. it's a very rider friendly bike. as you have probably read in this forum, it also doesn't take much to turn a 636 into a race-ready track bike. with all that said and done you really can't go wrong with a 600 this year. but i don't think you'll find anyone in this forum who will tell you not to get a 636.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks a lot guys. Yeah i figured no one would tell me to get something else. But I figured someone would be honest. Well I'm pretty sure I'll go with this bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It all boils down to your confidence and how you feel when you ride the bike, to be honest i started out with the CBR 600 rr by the time i had finished test riding R6,GSXR 600 and finally King of the hill for me was ZX-6r 03. The handeling,Power and rideability siuted me best yet one of my mates hates riding the kwaka's. Its all about You and it's difficult to not be byist when you love your bike! almost everyone here will agree that zx6r is the best because to us they are! you and only you now have to decide what is best for you and don't just go for looks either ! even though the ZX6r are the hottest bikes.there i go again beign byist!:D
No point looking good for a little while then stacking the bike because your not comfertable. Love the bike that will love beign ridden by you.[:M88] CORNY but true (in my personal opinion.

Good luck man:D

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Also...(had to put in my .02) If this is your first bike, please consider buying used. As a smart salesmen once told me, you will drop your bike, would you rather it be $8000 laying in your driveway or $4000?

Something to seriously consider...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
They ARE all close. But the Kawasaki accelerates and stops that much faster. And let's face it, it looks better too. Do the right thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.