Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm looking at getting another bike and being 6' 8" tall and 275lbs. not every sport bike works! I've owned Suzuki GSX 1100G and a Honda V65 Sabre 1000. Ive been riding since I was 13 but obviously cramped mostly.
I've been looking at the Concours 14 and then today finally sat on a ZX-14,wow,a really nice bike and plenty of room. From what I hear plenty of power in both! I think i'm experienced enough for either one and really like both even though the ZX-14 seems nice because of the lower price and I just usually take day trips in Fla. where I live. If anyone could tell me what they think on this, especially taller riders,I'm all ears! Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi,
I'm looking at getting another bike and being 6' 8" tall and 275lbs. not every sport bike works! I've owned Suzuki GSX 1100G and a Honda V65 Sabre 1000. Ive been riding since I was 13 but obviously cramped mostly.
I've been looking at the Concours 14 and then today finally sat on a ZX-14,wow,a really nice bike and plenty of room. From what I hear plenty of power in both! I think i'm experienced enough for either one and really like both even though the ZX-14 seems nice because of the lower price and I just usually take day trips in Fla. where I live. If anyone could tell me what they think on this, especially taller riders,I'm all ears! Thanks!
The ZX-14 is my 36th motorcycle, most of the people on the 14 are large in stature. It does have plenty of power and is very reliable. Just passed 23,000 miles, checked the valves changed the plugs (didn't need either), valves were dead nominal or factory specs. Had a license plate bulb go out as the only problem to report. This is the best motorcycle I've owned in a period of 44 years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Codger,
Thanks for the comeback on this,I went to my local Kaw dealer and was blown away by the C-14 and forgot to look at the ZX. Went back and was even more impressed by it. The more I look at it and sit on it the more I want to take one for a spin! I think it would be the first bike that actually might fit me. The taller guys in the U.K are going nuts over this bike! Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
6'5" here...245 lbs 14 fits nice and is comfortable. Did a 6 hour ride today. My ass was starting to get sore after 4.5 hours but everything else fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Gentlemen,
Thanks for the info! I went by the dealership again and I'm not even interested in the Connie anymore. I think there's a ZX-14 in my future!

·
Registered
83 Posts
14. I am 6ft and 260lb and drag race mine and ride it every day, have 10000k miles and still hauls ass, and is completly reliable. Wouldnt trade for another unless it was another 14. lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts