Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Alright man let me set you straight on this one..Being a Purchaser of all things Pricey and Blingy and most of all FUNCTIONAL to some degree or another...

LEVERS===
Pazzo-Great levers very solid and worth the money..very durable in a crash i tell you as i wrecked at 65mph with one and just some rash..it was on the deck as well...Great colors as well
FOR THE PRICE BEST ONE OUT THERE

CRG=Better lever but not woth the extra 40 a set..yes they have ball bearings but to be honest with you i never noticed the difference on my RC51...

This battle goes to PAZZO...$155 shipped from CTS Moto

RearSets=
Best i have seena nd or used...
1=SATObest fit and finish BAR NONE...crashable and each part is replacable as well...$450 not cheap but the best

2=ARATAHave these on my zx6R and crashged with them and they worked like a champ..some scratches on the peg and no other damage, but i do need a new shifter knob..and i remind you these were slammed on the ground and dragged from 65Mph, to a stop..no bending or anything...new parts $28.00 shipped

Both of these make shifting firmer and more positive..no flex or cheapness about them..also makes shiftin easier..

have ridden on gilles..they have flex and the quality is not tyhe same..
Vortex..well it is an american made..affordable unit, same as woodcraft. But they get the job done.

If you want the Sato's i know someone who can help you as well..
Just PM for any pics or more info you want.
JD

·
Registered
359 Posts
On the ZX6 I don't think theres any flex issues with Gilles,You'd have to set them in the most extreme position which means you'd have to be a right short arse to ride the bike.
As for the quality I'd say their one of the best and the aftersales back up is superb.I got replacement screws delivered to my door the next day with no problems.
No matter what brand you buy just remember to loctite them when you put them on!!!
Pazzo's are top notch too,never tried CRG's though.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Yeah if you were to buy gilles, i forget to mention dont use the stock BOLTS!!!!!

they are junk, to damn soft of a material.unless they changed that finally
But i am glad you could get things for them next day..In the US most people cant get replacement parts that easy for them.

Sato is just a phone call away

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
that would be the stock gilles bolts.

also i amy start a sato rearset group buy up as well...
Will be calling my parts guy to see what he can do

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,424 Posts
I went from Sato's to Vortex because I was an idiot and didn't think to rebuild the Sato's after a crash (I didn't realize that EVERY part can be ordered separately), and I'd almost rather have stock rearsets with a setback plate. Nono...I take that back...I WOULD rather have stock rearsets with a setback plate. lol...Vortex sucks, especially in comparison to the Sato's.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What about the Vortex didn't you like? Vortex spares are pretty easy to find and complete sets are cheaper than Sato's. I went w/ Vortex because they do exactly what they are supposed to do and don't cost an arm and a leg. The only thing I don't like is the pegs are sharp as hell!

-r.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,424 Posts
Originally posted by rondre3000
What about the Vortex didn't you like? Vortex spares are pretty easy to find and complete sets are cheaper than Sato's. I went w/ Vortex because they do exactly what they are supposed to do and don't cost an arm and a leg. The only thing I don't like is the pegs are sharp as hell!

-r.
The shifting isn't nearly as smooth as the satos, or a stock setup. The crush plates don't work at all. The toe piece chews up anything I use to shift up with...they'll eat through a shoe sock in a week or two, and a shoe in a month. I have to tape mine up with electrical tape every few weeks to keep it from happening. They're not nearly as adjustable as the Sato's. Basically they're just bargain bin. You could get the same thing with stock rearsets, a setback plate, and a fixed peg. And it'd work better.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.