Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a slip on for my 05. My 2 choices are Muzzy and Scorpion. They are both under $300 the Muzzy being a bit cheaper. Does anyone know which of the 2 is the quieter one? I like how the Muzzy mounts but like the tip on the Scorpion

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
If the Scorpion is anything like the 04 in sound it's freakin loud, too. Very deep growl.

·
Registered
299 Posts
i have a scorpion on mine and its not too loud. my buddy has a vance and hines on his cbr and its louder then hell.just my opinion

·
Registered
763 Posts
Originally posted by sakura
Muzzy is VERY loud.
not really.

its perfect if you ask me.

at lower rpms its not that loud, and in high rpms it seems to really scream but with a good sound to it.. not a high pitched honda civic sound.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Originally posted by smittyzx6r
i have a scorpion on mine and its not too loud. my buddy has a vance and hines on his cbr and its louder then hell.just my opinion
I've got a Hi Mount. Meh, might be louder? It's louder than my old Yoshi though and I considered that on the loud side. But then again I dont have much to compare it to. Never heard anyone elses exhausts!

·
Registered
299 Posts
what i consider loud(like my buddies cbr) if you can hear him 5 miles away gettin on it and its like hes right by ya. trust me my scorpion isnt loud compared to his

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I want to get a muzzy, but I'm going to have someone make a different end cap to put on it. And I'll more than likely powdercoat the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Akra... Whatever you get, you should get a PCIII because it will make your bike run a lot better. Plus with the PCIII the exhaust note changes.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i got a scorpion on my bike.i like it.its louder than my buddys akra on his r6 at low rpm and a good tone all the way through i have no regrets.if i was to het a nother it be a jardine.but i love mine[}:)]

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the replies. I might just buy both and sell the one I dont like if anyone is looking.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Originally posted by GF7PE
thanks for the replies. I might just buy both and sell the one I dont like if anyone is looking.

wooow you got more money than sense?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok went with the muzzy for now. Nice deep rumble compared to stock, havent had a chance to ride it yet though (rain). Made me jump a litte when it started. Was in the garage and it was quiet so I guess I wasnt expecting it. Here is a stock clip for reference and then a muzzy[attached]
[attached]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.