Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just swapped out my gauges with a 636... and I am kinda confused, which speedohealer do I use?

I have no idea how they work, but I am changing my gear ratio and need to re-adjust. I would like to throw in a gear marker too....

thanks guys

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've done this mod on my 01...I switched it out with a 03-04 gauge. The first question is did you switch it with the 03-04 gauge or the 05-06 guage. This is important because the speed sensor for the 03-04 is the same for the 01 style years and ZZR's...the 05-06 speed sensor it different. There for with stock sprockets the 03-04 guage won't need the speedo healer...05-06 would. That all being said I have the -1+2 sprocket set up on my bike, 03-04 gauge and no speedo healer and when it reads 50 mph i'm acutally doing just about 52 mph. In my opinion it's not worth the money for me...I don't look at the speedo my anyway. Now some will argue that the milage will not be correct but in reality as long as you take care of your bike who cares how many miles it has on it...it's not like a car. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I switched to an 03-04.

I am going to a -1+3 setup, and I do use my speedo, which is why I want a speedo-healer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts