Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time to step up from the 250... and I needa find the best trackbike for me... I got about $5,000 to spend on the bike..I'm thinking about an '03-'04 636, but I kinda want to try a twin..maybe the 650r?

Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated.:D

·
Registered
554 Posts
The 03-04 6R-RRs have a established after market base which will make it easy to upgrade and get good parts.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yah, if you get the 650r, its gonna cost you a lot of money to make it a nice track bike. Where if you bought an 03-04 636 it you could have fun on the track starting out even if it was stock.

If you could find a track ready 650r in your price range, jump on it. But I dont think you will. There are tons of SV650's out there that are already track ready for around 3k. If you like the vtwin feel, you should look into that, they are alot of fun....

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
You also lookign for this bike to do double duty?
street and track?

if just track there are so many track/race bikes out there fully modded and ready to run...$4500-5000 will get some kick ass rides

·
Registered
414 Posts
Ditto on the 03/04 R/RR. I bought mine in early 05 for 5 grand and have been enjoying the hell out of it. Do the suspension and your all set.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im looking for just a trackbike.. I found an '05 track ready for around $3,000. Its been wrecked.. but im not sure how bad its been down, So I'm not sure if I'll go with it.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
yeah seen that one one ebay if thats the one you are talking about.
Thought about buying it, but there are way better bikes then that.

If you want a cbr600rr let me know and i can send you some links...
Have you thought about a suzuki?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really wanna stay green.. but if the right deal comes my way, I'll take it.. Im in no immediate hurry to buy a trackbike since i wont be getting much tracktime in while im at school, but i figured i'd get everything ready for next season

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
5 grand will get you a track prepped SV650. I have had one for five years and I love it. In fact I am racing this weekend and instead of running the 636 in F40 I am running the SV in all my races.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I looked at the hyosung the other day, Im not sure if i can trust it.. I'd like to stick to the main 4 brands. (kawi,suzuki,yamaha,honda)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.