Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
The 03??? It might be the most trendy, but it is the least competitive (the "RR" anyway). I would say 00-02. This version has the most impressive resume....

2001 AMA Supersport champion
2001 FIM World Supersport champion
2000 AMA Supersport Runner-up tied in points lost championship by # of wins
2002 AMA Supersport Runner-up even though recieved 0 points in the Daytona opener
2002 AMA Superstock Runner-up 600cc in a field of 750cc.

I like the new one too, but they (at least the RR) has not been too impressive on the track...

From what I have gathered the 00-02 is more comfortable for street riding...

Anyone else heard that??

GH

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
The '03 and if you can find one the RR is not bad either despite what some people think.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by ga6rr

The '03 and if you can find one the RR is not bad either despite what some people think.
It is a great bike... However, I was going off of race stats... It is a race bike ya know... also from what I have heard, less comfortable than it's predecessor....

GH

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
You are right it is less comfortable but the power and handling make it all worthwhile.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by ga6rr

You are right it is less comfortable but the power and handling make it all worthwhile.
Why are Tommy and Tony having such a time being competitive this year??? They are being outgunned by the other factories... Last year's Kawi appeared to be much more competitive. For example, the GSX-R is the same bike as last year. Tommy kicked Hacking's ass all year long last year and beat Yates a decent amount of the time... This year (on last year's GSX-R) Spies is consistently handing Tommy and Tony their asses... But I must admit, I would love to have an RR....

GH

·
Registered
81 Posts
the 00 - 02 models are great bikes.. the 03 models im not sure of.. i just know the new 636 is a nice tuff motor and its alot of fun... however the 00-02 models have already proven themselves on the track and word of mouth on the road... so its your choice.. drop 8 grand on a new bike.. or do what i did and buy an 01 for 3 grand =) hehe yea i know i basically stole it... 8k miles on it too !! !

·
Registered
248 Posts
02' would be my year of choice(and not just because I have one:)) The performance is very good and reliable(as usual for kawi's) and very comfortable compared to most bikes....

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Let me add my two cents and also say the 00-02 models.

-Flash

·
Registered
56 Posts
00-02 man.

03? have any of you 03's taken a look at that thing? it goes well beyond ugly...it goes quite deep into being fugly!

·
Registered
56 Posts
01 - 02. Not just because I own one either. The 03 636 is a great bike and looks good as well but it cost's twice as much to insure in Australia as its over 600cc, and a little more to register. The 01 - 02 can be had for a good price and doesnt cost the earth to insure and register and can go a hell of a lot faster than I am willing to ride around corners :) What more could I ask for.

Gareth

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.