Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2002 ZX6R. I noticed that when the engine is hot, I get a whistling noise from my gas tank. When I release the pressure from the tank, the noise goes away. The noise continues when the pressure builds back up or until the engine cools down. I took it back to the dealership where I bought it. Basically, they told me that every Ninja has done this, since the beginning of time. Is this normal? Is this true? Does anybody else have this problem?
Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have a 04 636 and just noticed this today, but my bike was just sitting there and was not turned on....Is this normal??/

·
Registered
486 Posts
well it should happen whenever the pressure builds up... easier for pressure to build up on a hot day + riding... but it can build up from just sittin out in the sun on a hot day...

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
My EX250 did it when I'd been out ridin' or left it sitting out in the hot sun. I kept hearing it and thinking something was wrong till I figured out what it was... after that I never gave it another thought.

·
Registered
464 Posts
my zx10 does the same thing. After a ride when i turn t off I hear it and if I open the gas lid it goes away. Just venting nothing else..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.