Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently I put my bike away for about i would say 5 days at the most. Another nice day out of all the nasty ones... I bring it out and on the glass oil gauge line( where you can see the level of oil) has a white smudge inside the glass. Can anyone tell me what this maybe? or how it got there?

03 636
Tks for help

·
Registered
35 Posts
Actually I just changed my oil last night and after riding the bike in to work, I decided to check the oil level. Sure enough, I also had a white smudge. When I was adding the oil, there was one drop of water that also fell in (I had just washed the bike). At the time, I didn't think much of it, but now that I see that white smudge, I am wondering if the oil is contaminated and should be changed again.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
As the temperature continues to dip, you will see fog at the sight glass. The emulsion is condensation that has not burnt off after a short trip, and is made worse if you start the engine only to idle it. It will go away after a long ride.

This question will be asked often this winter. If you see it, please point out the answer.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Yes, and actually not the first time this question has popped up on the forum... and Mr. Lee is right (as always) in that it WILL pop up again more frequently as more and more locales start encountering the colder weather...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.