Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like everywhere I go there are always "motorcyclists" without there motorcycles!!!! Either they have a bike, but it's in the shop or some other lame excuse. If it's not that then they know someone with a bike and they just wanted you to know that for some reason or another. ..... And my two favorite things are when they or someone they know suposedly has the exact same bike as you even down to the custom changes you've made (which is when they expose themselves as liars) and it is the fastest, trickest thing on the planet!!!! :([xx(]:([|)][?]

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I don't think people like that are 'true' motorcyclists. If you were a true motorcyclist, you'd be out riding your bike. If you were a squid however, you'd go around and talk to other motorcyclists you see and brag about your bike. Damn squids.

·
Registered
239 Posts
what's wrong with talking about your bike when it's not around? we can't ride our bikes all of the time...ie. grocery shopping, business meetings, doing laundry, etc.

i think a lot of the people are happy to see someone with a common interest and just want to complement you & or your bike. most likely they're just trying to be friendly, give them a chance...you might meet a new friend/riding buddy.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
What's the matter silver, you can't carry a load of laundry on the back of your bike ;)

I agree with her...sometimes I have to drive my cage, but I want to talk about my bike since it's not there!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
yeah i talk about my bike alot, but it's becasue I need to atleast talk about it becasue I can't be riding it at that moment, but I also know people that seem to do nothing but talk about bikes. If you spend more time talking about them than you do riding them during riding season, something is wrong...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is nothing wrong with talking about your bike when you are not riding, heck, I do it myself (not often though, as I ride almost year round). My problem is with the over exaggerators. I can smell the difference between a motorcyclist and a bull$#!tter. One smells like oil and beer, while the other smells like.....well...um.. BULL$#!T.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
i have an excuse to be posting all day today...it's raining and i'm outta fuel and i'm broke.[B)]
yea i was talking to someone the other day and they say to me my friends dad once rode to ontario in 2.5 to 3 days. like i care

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't just start ranting about my bike, but if someone inquires, I tell them how much I like it and how fast it goes.
I understand that, but I am refering to the people that just start talking to you without invitation and then elaborate on a bull$#!t story or statement.

I am sorry to hear about your misfortune SPARTAN. I can relate to being broke.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I am all too familiar with those kind of people. I get to hear it just about every day being a bike salesman.
Then you are up to your ears in the kind of people and bull I am talking about. How is it....being a bike salesman? It seems like a great job for a motorcycle enthusiast, minus the sales quota!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Arghhhh!! I get this all the time. As soon as guys see a chick that rides, all of a sudden its "hey, I ride too...what is that, a Suzuki ninja?" [:M8]
Its a pleasure for me to talk bikes with other bikers or answer questions about bikes (gotta get more girls to ride) but these punks that pretend they have a bike, get a life!!! One guy told me that he bent his front fork doing a wheelie - yeah, I'm blonde, but I'm not that blonde.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
hahah sukuzi ninja....

you could bend your front fork doing a wheelie if you land it hard and you weight 1000 lbs ;)

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
The job is great. It's the people that can be retarded sometimes. Some people come in there acting like they know their stuff when they really have no idea. It's really hard to politely correct some people. They can be total jerks. I would much rather just come right out and say they are a stupid dumb ass, but that approach probably wouldn't help my sales that much.:D

The sales quota pretty much takes care of itself.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The sales quota pretty much takes care of itself.
All the better.

I hate to hear that dumb asses can make working around bikes (which should be and is a great job) a little less perfect.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.