Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got mine today. did any one have this done yey:)??

·
Registered
530 Posts
Got mine yesterday. I think everyone's going to get one, since I believe the notice said all units were affected.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Got mine today. Thank god I got rid of that ugly ass stock can when I did![8D]

·
Registered
551 Posts
Got mine today, I wonder if we can get rembursed if we bought aftermarket? Mine fell off while I had the front up and i was on a bridge.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I've only got about 200kms on mine... and no problems as of yet.

Respect; your 636 with the Ti Akropovic is dead sexy... I think that's the setup that I'm going to be after with my green 636!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Got mine in the mail yesterday,,,,
havent had any problems with it so far tho , but 3 people in my area have, 1 guy , a close friend of mine, (SportsbikeKid) recently suffered a horrible wreck and had been having problems with his pipe comin off for quite some time. He took the bike to the dealer 3 times , first they said dont worry bout it, we can tighten it up, 2nd time they told him they would order a NEW stock can for him - never got it- a week later he wrecks in a tight right hander. Bike slid out from under him, hit the guard rail, burst into flames,,,, now was it just excessive speed :Don our favorite DC area corner or was something else in the mix[?][?][?][?]
This guy is by no means a novice rider and for him to wreck like that is kinda fishy. I went thru this same corner right a month earlier on his wing and heard when the pipe seperated-sounds like a badly tuned v-twin- pulled over to the side and synched it back together.
THose of us who have already upraded our exhaust are lucky. Im still trying to decide which exhaust to purchase
Micron
Hindle
M4 or
keep saving for the Ak

btw- my budds recovery is going great

·
Registered
298 Posts
anyone know where this new part goes? im wondering if the shop put mine on already since it was in there during the recall time?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Got my notice on Saturday. I was going to just ignore it and buy aftermarket this month, but I ran a trailer into my truck yesterday and now will probably have to allocate the money to fixing that little fuck up.

Squidly

·
Registered
40 Posts
The part is the black band that goes agound the can itself. The part there looking at is the band and the 2 weld joints holding it to the can. The dealer said bikes that are having the most problems are the stunters. Depending on the damage if any, they could replace the intire can and bracket. If there is no damage all you get is a rubber gasket to go between the can and the bracket. It takes the dealer about an hour to fix it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
mine came off in a straight with a little left in it the pipe went under the back tire blew the tire out and made me crash hopefuly i can get everything replaced for free

·
Registered
671 Posts
My can came off while racing a FZR1000...and I had him up to that point! Didn't cause an accident, but it made a bunch of noise and a big loss of power. 5 minutes later, I had it reinstalled. The following week, I recieved my notice. So I took the bike in...that was November 17th. Here it is a month later, and my bike is still in the shop. The are waiting for Kawasaki to ship the muffler. I wrote to Kawasaki to let them know of my displeasure and this is the reply I got.
Thank you for contacting Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
We are in receipt of your letter and apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. The part (muffler) necessary to complete the repair on your Kawasaki Ninja has been back-ordered. There is a shipment of these mufflers due to arrive in the USA at the end of this week (12/19). Once the shipment has arrived, a muffler will automatically be sent to your dealer. We thank you for your patience.
Yeah...patience...what do they know about that??? I am running out of patience...I want my bike back. I have now been without her for a month, and still have to make the payments on the bike and insurance.
Any one else haveing problems with the recall???

·
Registered
124 Posts
Originally posted by ZX636Skiv
My can came off while racing a FZR1000...and I had him up to that point! Didn't cause an accident, but it made a bunch of noise and a big loss of power. 5 minutes later, I had it reinstalled. The following week, I recieved my notice. So I took the bike in...that was November 17th. Here it is a month later, and my bike is still in the shop. The are waiting for Kawasaki to ship the muffler. I wrote to Kawasaki to let them know of my displeasure and this is the reply I got.
Thank you for contacting Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
We are in receipt of your letter and apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. The part (muffler) necessary to complete the repair on your Kawasaki Ninja has been back-ordered. There is a shipment of these mufflers due to arrive in the USA at the end of this week (12/19). Once the shipment has arrived, a muffler will automatically be sent to your dealer. We thank you for your patience.
Yeah...patience...what do they know about that??? I am running out of patience...I want my bike back. I have now been without her for a month, and still have to make the payments on the bike and insurance.
Any one else haveing problems with the recall???
Have the shop put an aftermarket slip on pipe on. I've read several guys getting those replaced as long as they don't exceed the price of the stock pipe.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Originally posted by Galloper

got mine about 6 weeks ago and had it done within a week. It's only a small rubber washer.
That (I have been told), is if the bracket hasn't been broken already. Mine has, so they are replacing everything from the mid pipe back.

Originally posted by jmickle11

Have the shop put an aftermarket slip on pipe on. I've read several guys getting those replaced as long as they don't exceed the price of the stock pipe.
I asked them about it today. They won't pay to put one on, and if I pay to put one on, my warrenty is void from that point. That isn't a big concern, because mine ends next February anyway. The problem is that I don't have the $$$ for an aftermarket system, and they won't let me have the bike the way it is. Because it is a safety recall, they can't let me take the bike out until the repair is made.
I am checking on the lemon law now...might get an '04! Crossing my fingers now...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.