Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who took their Huggers off?
Does the undertail get much more dirty or scratched?
Are you affraid of rocks getting thrown into your rear shock?
Can anyone post up some pics of an 03/04 with no hugger so I can see the difference?
I don't know If im going to paint mine silver or just take it off.
But if you take it off I guess you'd have to take off your chain guard as well because there would be a big gap there then right? But I guess you cut cut the hugger and leave that little piece of the chaingaurd.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
/cgi-bin/uploads/353/huger_1__2_.jpg
[URL="http://attach.kawiforums.com/2004/05/20/20040520185025-4608.jpg"][IMG]http://attach.kawiforums.com/2004/05/20/20040520185025-4608.jpg[/URL]

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
leave it on and paint it. if you don't like it sell the painted huger on ebay[:p]

·
Registered
331 Posts
look at the second post, 1st picture. check out the exposed chain. leave the hugger on, or get it cut to still be a chain guard. my opinion is still to paint it :)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Originally posted by BSHAP
The black hugger looks just fine... don't wanna OVER do the body colour. [8D]
I couldn't agree with you more! I was thinking about painting mine until I saw a silver bike with the hugger painted.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by Sh1n5
Originally posted by BSHAP
The black hugger looks just fine... don't wanna OVER do the body colour. [8D]
I couldn't agree with you more! I was thinking about painting mine until I saw a silver bike with the hugger painted.
it depends on the bike color.;)

·
Registered
493 Posts

i didnt remove it... but cut it way down because i like the look of the tire exposed but wanted to protect undertail and shock from thrown objects... also keep the chain gaurd in place

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the silver 636 and the pics here with the painted hugger are awesome. Where do I get the right shade of silver to do that? I also need to touch up some fairings from a fall I had.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been to color-rite before. Wasn't sure if they were the only place to get the right stuff. And are they direct-order only? Or can I get it at a local body-shop or somethin? My problem is I live on board a Navy ship and I don't think they'd like getting paint, let alone aerosol cans in the mail.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.