Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be there this weekend. Just going to lounge around on the beach for a few days with my sister and nephews. I planned on renting a bike on Saturday to cruise around on some beachy roads or strips or whatever else worth driving past. If anyone in the area wants to give me a destination to aim for just post up. Maybe meet up and grab a bite to eat and BS.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
A1A up to Delray Beach is a really nice ride from Ft. Lauderdale.

Sorry to say I'll be up at the farm in Clewiston, doing maintenance on the ATV's... it's tune-up time for them.:(

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well thanks for the tip. I felt like Vanilla Ice in his prime while cruising A1A. I called all over the place to try and rent a sport bike, but no one would rent one out. I am much more comfortable raked forward than sitting up straight. I was able to find a Honda Shadow VLX 600 and cruised that thing all day long, even in the rain. It was a very beautiful place to ride. It is strange having the roads totally FLAT though. Here in western PA there is a great abundance of hills.

My sister almost talked me into a scooter! But she is overly cautious about me and my bike - she works in the trauma center at one of the biggest hospital in Pittsburgh. She sees some nasty shit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts