Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready for new tyres and want try something different as there are not many choices for tyres with 65 series. Did you adjust the fork rake to suit a 70 tyre.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
you really need to get a search goin before you get shot down!!
it's fine. don't touch the forks. go have fun.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I've been running diablo's with no adjustment and also feel they work well. The diablo has a slightly different profile than the OEM Bridgstones. All things being equel the 70 should make turn in slightly harder, but I found the diablo to actually roll over easier.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Technically a 70 front will help with turning. In an ideal setting you would want to adjust the forks by the few milimeters necesary to retain geometry. It isn't required at all, and most people would never tell the difference. Go and use a 70.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by big sarg
I've been running diablo's with no adjustment and also feel they work well. The diablo has a slightly different profile than the OEM Bridgstones. All things being equel the 70 should make turn in slightly harder, but I found the diablo to actually roll over easier.
Are they the super coarsa diablo III and how good are they when riding.

·
Registered
110 Posts
70 series dunlop d208 from the stocker on my '02, turn-in felt WAY slower and heavier. she used to tip back and forth like nothing and after that tire switch it was work just to get it to turn at all. dropped the front 5 mm IIRC and that brought it back to sweetness.

a.s.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.