Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of people bitch about cagers and their cell phones. I always have my ipod on while i am driving my bike and i know alot of other riders do the same. Who is worse them or us?

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
What does having an mp3 player on have anything to do with controlling a bike?

I vote that there should have been better choices. Like, speeding, lane splitting/swerving, arse holes on motorcycles compared to cagers driving slow, talking on the phone.

Who is more dangerous....?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I dont mind talking so much as jackasses in cages text messaging on their phone/blackberry.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
personally, i think they're both bad ideas. i won't deny that i have spoken on the phone while in my car, but no texting. as for the bike, everybody tells me how great having an mp3 player is, i refuse to use mine on it though. i will resist every outside influence i possibly can while riding. there's enough to concern yourself with on the roads as is, i shouldn't need to worry about which nine inch nails song is playing at the time as well.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
stupid question.

Whether using a cellphone or not, whether listening to a mp3 player or not. Some people just can't drive AT ALL!!

[xx(]

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by trig
Do yall really drive around with no radio on in your cars?
It's different. You can still hear when a radio is on. I don't know about ya'll but I don't hear shit when my iPod is on. People have passed me on the street, said hello and I just keep walking. They get pissed cause they think I snubbed them but I just didn't hear them.

We need to be extra aware when on a bike and we put ourselves in greater danger by not being able to hear.

Cagers put themselves and others in danger while on a phone. To me this question is a no brainer but both put people in danger.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon<br>

It's different. You can still hear when a radio is on. I don't know about ya'll but I don't hear shit when my iPod is on. People have passed me on the street, said hello and I just keep walking. They get pissed cause they think I snubbed them but I just didn't hear them.

We need to be extra aware when on a bike and we put ourselves in greater danger by not being able to hear.

Cagers put themselves and others in danger while on a phone. To me this question is a no brainer but both put people in danger.
not totally true what about ur favorite song while in a cage most people turn the volume up virtually making themselves deaf, more important to always keep ur head on a swivel(as my football coach used to say);). I learned that in defensive driving class:D

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
cages are a lot more dangerous on their phone then bikers listening to music.

I never ride w/ music, i just love the sound of my Yosh RS-3 too much to try to cover it up.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guess the reason i asked this is, we are all kind of at fault for putting ourselves in risky situations. When a great song comes on the ipod, with a fast heavy beat. I can't stop myself from giving her shit and hitting the throttle. I don't usually do that when on the phone:D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Pretty simple question on a bike forum.
of course there are the times when you need to cahnge the song on your mp3 player, pretty distracting. Of course a retard in a car is much worse than a retard on a bike.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
How can you even compare the two???

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,401 Posts
I would NEVER listen to an MP3 player on my bike. Well...for one thing, the Ducati just sounds so good that I wouldn't want to ruin the sound track (seriously...I'll roll on and change gears and mess around just to hear the motor). But for another thing, anything that damages your concentration while operating a motorcycle I feel is a much worse decision than talking on a phone in a cage...the phone/cage thing is a worse action, but as a rider, anything you choose to do that impairs your ability to concentrate, observe, decide and react is a VERY stupid decision.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I cant not listen to music while riding. I don't really like the sound of my bike, even with aftermarket exhausts the Kawi gear clunk and engine noises distract me. My helmet is also loud as hell. All those noises together hurts my ears and distracts me less than my music. I can still hear the engine and most other road noises, they are just duller. I find myself less distracted with music than without. Back on subject, a cager on a phone is much worse. But most of them can't drive anyway.

·
Registered
541 Posts
This isnt even worth asking. Listening to music has nothing to do with it. You think deaf people get in any more wrecks than you or me? No...

A loud pipe is more dangerous than listening to music. The only people saying listening to music is dangerous are the ones that havnt really done it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.