Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whoa? how much for California shipment of a red hugger and what kind of mods? US prices please.

matthew 15:14

·
Registered
501 Posts
Is this a teaser or what????? Spill the goods man, dont hold back. Let us in on the little dirty secret you are keeping.:D:D:D

"I love your butt, cause it is just the right size to loose my boot all up in it"

·
Registered
316 Posts
I don't think you will find one painted red from the factory. I have a red 636 and I just had my hugger painted to match the bike, but as far as making it fit another model, go for it! Cheap is good, and they still look nice!

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Tell yas what... I'm taking mine off on Monday to have it painted, and one of my riding buddies has a 2002 across the road from me... I'll see if it lines up with his fairly easily...

As for the looks of it... it's actually fairly cool... if you've never seen one up close, it's got "grooves" in the top instead of just being a smooth blended surface, so I personally think it looks pretty trick.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
AS said, who likes the rear huggar on the new 636/600's??

If so......with a small modification it will fit on the 00-02 6R's too!!!Not sure of the 98-00s.......

Priced at the shop today and they are quite a bit cheaper than the aftermarket ones.Fit and finish is less, but more practical.

Remember...here in Canada is chaper than the US....retails for $180.00cdn......

Anyone?????

Jason

Everyone has their own thing.....

·
Registered
266 Posts
Remember...here in Canada is chaper than the US....retails for $180.00cdn......" how much is that in dollars

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I like it, so do my buddies. It's like an aftermarket part that comes with the bike :) It's a bonus :)

A computer is only as smart as the person sitting infront of it.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
The mod is quite simple......making a hole for the left side to be bolted on.
The rigth side need a small L shaped bracket to attach to the swingarm.
to secure on the front .....I'm thinkin a strip of velcrow would secure things....or a zip tie, tucked underneath,never to be seen.

I'm ordering mine this week. Black of course.

Jason

Everyone has their own thing.....

·
Registered
751 Posts
Dude what is up with your exhaust in that last picture is that straight pipe or ?

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Maybeee[:M69]???

There is a small baffle...just a project..my mid pipe was wrecked so I made this one while the other is being ordered.

Jason

·
Registered
832 Posts
Jake, Do you think it is possible to combine to make the chain guard longer? I think the newer bikes have a two piece chain guard did you get both pieces?

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
hmm...forgot about the chainguard.....nope didn't get it....so I can't say....
I think the swingarms are different enough(mounting tabs and holes) that it would be pure luck if it bolted on as easy as it did for me....but....give it a try...cost me 30.00cdn to try it...lol

Jason

·
Registered
751 Posts
is that exhaust loud as hell?

·
Registered
429 Posts
If yer gonna fire it up ..let me know I wanna be there..:D
Mike from sameday

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status