Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets hear you opinions on who makes the best product. I want to hear some battle stories of what worked and what didnt.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Vortex's bent, and allowed for some nasty scratches on the fairings, and one crack. Oh and it saved my frame too! Any will be ok for tip-overs (even no-cuts), and all will be similar for lowsides (bend/break off), highsides...well you're f*cked anyways. I won't get cuts again, I've seen too many no cuts hold up just as well for me to bother with slicing into the fairing again.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Shogun no cut. But it's different for the '03. The '05 and '06 models have a aluminum bracket that moves it to the side. I've seen those bend.

·
Powerhungry
37,963 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
any one here heard of badphish, they make spring loaded sliders & i was curious if any one here has used, or even crashed with 'em?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Originally posted by injen69
I dont see how they are any better
heres what the vortex did to mine.. http://www.KawiForums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=65049

on the right hand side slider, the vortex mounts AGAINST the engine mount bolt.. meaning if you go down, all that force is pressed against the bolt and thus what happend to my bike.

where as with the motovation ones, on the right hand side they have a sleeve that goes OVER the bolt and puts all the pressure directly on the frame which is much stronger and can handle the force.

not only that, they use a better material than derlin (which most sliders are made of) and also use a much stronger bolt 12.9 vs 8.8 grade

·
Banned
495 Posts
is it just me or does anyone else hate the look of a bike with sliders, my friend dropped my bike the day after i was gunna get them and i knew i should of gotten them ,but i just dont want to put them on my bike, i know it will help, but i just hate how it looks....anyone else feel the same way?

·
Registered
56 Posts
LSL's are awesome, well not that I have put them to use, but they dont stick out and they look almost as apart of the bike. Here is a pic of my bike

·
Registered
590 Posts
The best sliders are the oem stock sliders on the 05 20th Anniversary gixxer..He's tested them a couple times. He looped his bike at like 70mph and the sliders saved the frame and the fairings...The bike flipped and slid all down the street a good 100 or so feet!!!:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought them through a local shop because I had them put the LSL's on, which I probably could have done myself but I had just got the bike and was afraid to do anything to it. I know kneedraggers.com has them. I will check some other online places for the best price.

Here is a place just to check them out and get some info http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/FrameSliders.cfm

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.