Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just got back from a trip I would rather forget. My wife was taking one of my kids up to Perth (250kms from where we live)for medical reasons ( he has CP) and on the way comes across a bad car accident. My wife is second on the scene. A car is on its roof with two women in it screaming for someone to get them out. One has a broken leg and both have bad facial wounds.

My wife helps get them out and comfortable. When the ambulance arrives my wife continues trip (complete with blood stained clothes). Upon reaching her parents house in Perth my eldest son is freaking out and says he needs me. I get the call at 7:30pm and grab the bike and rush up.

I was doing 160kmh in a 110 zone. After about 50kms I slow down as there's a few roos about, and this cop car comes up behind me. It seems they were trying to catch up to me for the last 40 kms and have radioed ahead for a roadblock!! They start talking about having to arrest me as I was 50kmh over the limit but I explained why I was speeding and they lower it to 40kmh over the limit which costs me $350 and 6 demerit points (once you have lost twelve your license is suspended).

Ok they let me go and I ride within the speed limit the rest of the way. Tonight I left to return home, stopped at the usual petrol station to fuel up but they said their bowsers were not working. The next fuel station is about 30kms away and I was already on reserve. I get there do a U turn at the traffic lights as the fuel station is on the other side of the road. As I turn into the station I hear a police siren and sure enough its me they're after. I cop another $100 fine and two more demerit points. "Illegal U turn at traffic lights" They asked if I had any recent infringements and I tell them about the previous night and they look at each other and say "oh so youre THAT guy. I explain the story to them and they tell me to take it easy and I am on my way again.

I got home tonight at about 9:00pm had two beers and vowed NOT to ride my bike tomorrow (Sun). I think I'll wash it instead.

The end result I am $450 out of pocket and only have two demerit points left.[B)]

BUGGER.[xx(]

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Go to court to fight the tickets, explain the whole story to the judge, and hope the judge lowers the fines a bit for you.

That's what I would do, anyway.
BC.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
That sucks, I had one of those days. My license is suspended cause of that :( 7 more days to go though!
Good luck, take it to the prosecuter and explain he should nudge a little for you. I wish I could've done that for some of mine. The only crappy thing is the court office closes at 4:30PM and I work in the states and can't ever make it on time to ask for a court date so automatically I'm guilty.

It's setup like that, damn system.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys but I dont think our courts are the same as yours, the fines are automatic and it would cost heaps to fight the tickets.[B)]

I left the bike in the shed yesterday and instead did "home duties"[:0]. The way my weekend was going I was sure to get another ticket if I went out for another ride. Ive only got two points left to lose so I'll be riding by the book for a while.

One of the cops said he rides a zx7r as he was writing the ticket. I couldnt help wondering if HE stuck to the road rules.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Got pulled over too. Gotta go to court. Bad driving was the charge. 1st offense. Hope they cut me some slack. Hope your son was inspired by you being there and I hope all is well. Gotta be there for your son no matter what the law says!!!![}:)]

Originally posted by Geargrinder

Hi Guys,

Just got back from a trip I would rather forget. My wife was taking one of my kids up to Perth (250kms from where we live)for medical reasons ( he has CP) and on the way comes across a bad car accident. My wife is second on the scene. A car is on its roof with two women in it screaming for someone to get them out. One has a broken leg and both have bad facial wounds.

My wife helps get them out and comfortable. When the ambulance arrives my wife continues trip (complete with blood stained clothes). Upon reaching her parents house in Perth my eldest son is freaking out and says he needs me. I get the call at 7:30pm and grab the bike and rush up.

I was doing 160kmh in a 110 zone. After about 50kms I slow down as there's a few roos about, and this cop car comes up behind me. It seems they were trying to catch up to me for the last 40 kms and have radioed ahead for a roadblock!! They start talking about having to arrest me as I was 50kmh over the limit but I explained why I was speeding and they lower it to 40kmh over the limit which costs me $350 and 6 demerit points (once you have lost twelve your license is suspended).

Ok they let me go and I ride within the speed limit the rest of the way. Tonight I left to return home, stopped at the usual petrol station to fuel up but they said their bowsers were not working. The next fuel station is about 30kms away and I was already on reserve. I get there do a U turn at the traffic lights as the fuel station is on the other side of the road. As I turn into the station I hear a police siren and sure enough its me they're after. I cop another $100 fine and two more demerit points. "Illegal U turn at traffic lights" They asked if I had any recent infringements and I tell them about the previous night and they look at each other and say "oh so youre THAT guy. I explain the story to them and they tell me to take it easy and I am on my way again.

I got home tonight at about 9:00pm had two beers and vowed NOT to ride my bike tomorrow (Sun). I think I'll wash it instead.

The end result I am $450 out of pocket and only have two demerit points left.[B)]

BUGGER.[xx(]

·
Registered
259 Posts
yea man take it easy for a few days dont want to see you down for something stupid like a cop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.