Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some new footpegs and barends for my dropped 636....Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ronayers.com they are OEM footpegs.........if you get aftermarket ones, i was informed by the dealer, that you have to sand down and do modifacations and the wont recoil either, so you rbest bet is to get factory ones.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Originally posted by mellowlobster
Ronayers.com they are OEM footpegs.........if you get aftermarket ones, i was informed by the dealer, that you have to sand down and do modifacations and the wont recoil either, so you rbest bet is to get factory ones.
Yeah, 'cause dealers are soo trustworthy. [:p]

Looking at the parts diagrams at kawasaki's website, footpegs look similar for several years. Based on that, and not really knowing if they will actually fit until they arrive, I bought a set off ebay for $30 shippped. Another of this guys auctions, and the same pegs I bought for my '03 ZX6RR: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2447091046 I'll post again with results after I receive them.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i put some protek pegs on mine but like mellow they dont recoil(i dont really care cause they are bigger) they were the same pegs i had on my gsxr6.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hey i did that same thing also and a friend of mine got me some Competition Werks foot pegs for like 40$ for two of them. They were for a (i think) '96 zx6r, and they fit like a charm.

I will get you a part # some time later today if you need it.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Hey PetepPete, I was Born and raised in good ol' TR and I have a silver 636 too...and I'm looking for footpegs too for my bike which just got tipped over. What part of TR do you live in?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey tommyboynjataol, I live right over by OCC, near Holiday City. Where in TR are ya from?

Nice bike btw!:);)

If you ever come back up to Jersey, we gotta hit up Rt. 37 and Slime Side on the Ninjas.:D

·
Banned
34 Posts
I received my aftermarket footpages today, they were made for 87-97 ZX600 and several other Kaws. It took ~20 minuutes to cut them down a bit but the holes fit perfect. As far as the recoil, I will need to grind a curve into them, but I don't think that will take more than a few minutes a piece. $30/pair aftermarket is better than $35/each for OEM.

http://www.berisford.net/images/pegs.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.