Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While not my thing, I emailed Speed Hut about making Gauge overlays for the 250. This was their response:

Hi,

We don't currently offer EL-Glo Dial Kit's or Bezels for your dash. If
you are interested in becoming a Group Leader for your cluster, please
read the info below:

The Group Leader sends a cluster to begin the Pre Order. Please don't
use a personal dash cluster (we don't send clusters back). We recommend
a cluster from a junkyard (it does NOT have to be in working condition.
However, it does need to have everything intact - i.e., needles, cover
etc).

Please send the Cluster via Ground, Mail (or another inexpensive
method). Please make sure it is INSURED for your protection! *Remember
to add your contact information in the package.

Once the cluster has been received the Pre Order will be added to our
Model Development Program with the sender listed as the Group Leader.
The Group Leader's email will be listed on the site for questions. We
will be in contact with the Group Leader throughout the process.

Once we receive 25 Pre Orders we will begin tooling. The Group leader
will get their Custom Dial kit for FREE. We offer incentive discounts
for the entire Group. *Free Text, Free Standard Graphics, Free Standard
Logo's.

*We can add the Km/h version at No additional cost.

The price for our Custom Gauge Kit's are generally around $99.95 + $8.00
US S&H per Pre Order. The price for our Custom HVAC Kit's are $35.95 +
$8.00 US S&H.

Thank you for your interest and please email us if there are any further
questions.

Speedhut.com team
So if you are interested and maybe have a broken gauge cluster (from a fall or something) let them know [email protected]

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
dude speedhut rocks. i have used their gauges on several of my turbo cars and they can pretty much be made to match any gauge cluster in any car. they have also been very accurate and reliable in my experience.

·
Registered
34 Posts
What is a custom overlay exactly?
Just a new body for the gauges?

I checked the site (briefly) and didn't really see any before and after examples.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is a custom overlay exactly?
Just a new body for the gauges?

I checked the site (briefly) and didn't really see any before and after examples.
It sits over your existing gauge (under the cover) and changes how the gauges look.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't have any photos for ya, but I just read on their site, and seems as though you can have whatever style you want, basically you can design a logo and they'll put it on for you.. For some examples

http://www.speedhut.com/ go to their site, and on their main page the big tacho will go through a range of ideas. They also show some flames, which I think would look good. :)

Maybe we can all put a few dollars [paypal?] towards someone who lives close to speedhut to provide them with a old gauge cluster from a wreckers?

Troz

·
Registered
90 Posts
i would love to get some custom guages like that, white guages with the indiglo would look awesome on this bike, the stock guages stink, wonder how hard it is to get that apart though. if i could find a wrecked 250 around here i would ship the cluster to em but i know i never will, i checked ebay quick but nothing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
haha nevermind i found one on ebay for 225 plus 15 shipping but i dont think that could ever be worth it. we would have to get like 50 people on here willing to paypal 5 bucks for someone to get it, or 25 people to paypal 10 bucks and i dont see either of those happening, hopefully someone can find one for cheap, we would still need at least 25 people to preorder them too though right?

·
Registered
19 Posts
crap i just had one hauled off that the gauge was falling off of.

<-- hit a deer @50mph not pretty

oh well i got to trade up the 09 blue for the 09 Special Edition :)
all it cost me was a broken wrist messed up ankle 200 deductible and 6 weeks off work in a cast.

·
Registered
43 Posts

all it cost me was a broken wrist messed up ankle 200 deductible and 6 weeks off work in a cast.
Sucks about the wreck man, make a good quick recovery!!!

Whats the difference between the base and the SE models???

·
Banned
1,899 Posts

Damn those deers! Hope you get well soon! Now I am going to find a way to install razor sharp blade on the front section in case deer decides to fuck with me when I am tearing up in the twistes.:Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
24 Posts
IF it was up to me, Id put my money to the 500 dollars digital dashboard/gauges.

id love to get digital gauges... but 500 is a bit steep... wish the 250s came with digital gauges like the hyosung 250... but heard mad problems with those bikes so i went with the ninja... thats like the only thing i dont like about the ninja... but cant have everything right??? haha

·
Registered
90 Posts
anyone find a guage cluster yet? im willing to buy one if its not too much and we get some people together to paypal me some money. we should put a poll of how many people are interested in this. one option being like yes im interested and will paypal 5 dollars and preorder the guages and another being yes im interested and will preorder but will not paypal 5 dollars. and another for not interested at all or something. just think of how ugly the stock guages are and how nice a custom set of guages would look.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm down for the $5 PayPal deposit.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'd like to get digital gauges but from what I've seen most end up with a gap between the gauge and the existing surround. If there was a custom plastic surround you could get to make it look finished. I'd be interested, but until then I'm keen on this replacing backing on the gauges.

·
Registered
90 Posts
yeah i dont have my bike out cause its winter here and its in my shed so i cant take a look at how they would go in, if there was gaps or it didn't look nice and stock then i wouldn't want it either. ill have to look at it sometime soon. i wish we could get some pics of how they look on other bikes real close up and maybe some reviews of what people ended up thinking with the installation/fitment of these.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts