Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NYC / Long Island Ride Tuesday Night

Is anyone down to go riding tomorrow night in the NYC area? We're actually gonna leave from Flushing, Queens (Starbucks) and then head out.. Hopefully it should be a big turnout. 20-30 heads. If anyone's interested.. email me [email protected]

I need a girl to ride, ride, ride...

·
Registered
12 Posts
riders in li ny ???

hey if anyone is looking to ride during the summer on li let me know i am looking for people to ride with

tommy

thomas

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by Joker11

I ride with a few guys around Brentwood and Central Islip. As soon as the temp hits 50 I am taking the bike out. Drop me a line whenever you want to get together. [email protected]
Were you out last Thursday? It was warm, a bit windy, but I had to ride[8D]

Bring it!

·
Registered
106 Posts
WHATS UP! FELLOW L.I RIDERS!!
I live in Bayshore, always wanting to ride. The temps here are in the low 20's BRRRRR.... Too damn cold. I will probaliy ride to see the movie BIKER BOYS. Maybe my club will go together. You guys are more than welcome to join us!!

NO FALLZ NO BALLZ

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We usually ride out to LI at night.. just for the run down Jones Beach and OBI.. Towards the end of last summer, the cops were cracking down hard though.. We also got busted in Suffolk for going like 50 in a 35MPH zone!! Good thing one of our crew whipped out his NYPD Badge.. heheh.. that shut them suffolk cops up pretty well.

I need a girl to ride, ride, ride...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Damn that has got to suck!! I guess you could still ride...just dont get caught;) Over the summer I rode OBI to Jones beach to the big mall thats by JB. I live in Westchester but I am always out in LI. Lets get everyone together for a run in say early March. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i live in nassau but if anyone wants to ride when it gets a little nicer out drop me a line or an e -mail i live by rockville centre...

tommy

thomas

·
Registered
206 Posts
What's this to cold to ride out deal? can't let 20 degree weather scare you! :) only thing that stops me is snow and sometimes rain...

i'm in levittown, LI btw

·
Registered
22 Posts
Silk thermals, turtleneck, cable sweater, leather jacket. Jeans and silk thermals on the bottom. The cold doesn't bother me too much. I lay down and ride, but not too long. I do have my limit - 40 degrees, haven't done and don't want to try 20 degrees.[:0]

Bring it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
[}:)] if anyone wants to ride when my tires can actually grip the ground let me know

lol

also i wanted to know if anyone knows of any motorcycle clubs on the island accepting new commers?

thomas

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Yeah I went out for a short ride to work and it actually wasn't that bad. I just put on about 3 sweatshirts and a few pants and I was alright. You can't move around though so it's not for racing around but it's ok if you're going relatively straight. I do need some winter riding gear though.
The only club I know of on LI is the local ABATE chapter. It's mostly Harleys but the website says it's open to any type of bikes. I'm not a member because I would rather join a sportbike club but i just thought i'd mention it

1 - 20 of 161 Posts