Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just bought mine a few months ago, i wanted the black but they were all out, i mist say the SE has definately grown on me yet. No mods yest, but planning on flush mount turn signals up front and integrated turn signals in the back. Havn't decided on an exhaust yet thinkin the 2 brothers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey cmk287, whered you get the fender eliminator kit from... was looking for the same type of thing.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Originally posted by PHOBiA

I have clear rears indicators on the back now too.
Interesting how the Autralian (european?) version of the SE comes with the black wheels to match the case covers and such while the US version has the red.

Here is mine. Custom cut down CF Yoshimura RS3 slip-on, home spun license plate mount, smoke euro front signals, Shogun frame sliders, LP spools, removed the majority of the flames and I just added a dark smoke Puig double bubble windscreen that I dont have pics of yet.

Interestingly, according to my VIN (verifies on the Kawi website) and manufacture date (02/05), my bike is a 2005, not a 2006 like all the other SE models out there. I'd be interested in seeing what manufacture dates other SE models have.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Australian one did come with RED wheels.. I just found it to overbearing, so I got them changed to black :)
I was going to pull the flames off too.. but my g/f said she loved them.. so I kept them :)

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Originally posted by omgz
12/05 mfg date on my '06 SE iirc
it's an 06 model but built the year before....same as cars.
Ya, usually the next year models are built later in the previous year like yours. Mine is just way too early in the year (February) to be counted as a 2006 model I think.

PHOBiA, ok, that would explain it then. So you painted/powder coated your red ones? It does look good with the black wheels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought my '06 SE a week ago, no pics or mods yet, but i ordered the fender kit and want to get some flush mounts and new rear indicators. Exhaust maybe way down the road.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I got a SE, had it for about 2 months now....you guy's did some sick mods to them....I like the way the Yoshi exhaust looks. I'll mod that in the next few months.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i got mine about a month ago and i love it. i was going to get a 06 r6 but someone in my area just got one and then another so i started to look at the 636 took one for a spin and bought one a week later.

·
Registered
277 Posts
question for you guys.....what makes these bikes a "SE" besides the paint/decals and the red wheels? Just wondering if there are any other factory upsides to it.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts