Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many of us out there will be converting over...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I went to the dealership and reserved the first black one to come out, said they will be here in Jan. :) Cya R-1's!!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
holy crap those bikes are awesome.. i want one.. and will be getting one (the orange) eventually.. but never plan on ridding of my 03 zx6r. it'll be my beat-em-up stunt bike before i let it go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are bikes like cars their first model year? Usually the first new generation has a lot of factory recalls to work the bugs out?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I will get one next time they redo them most likely in 4 or 5 years. That will give me a chance to still ride my 636 for a while and they will work all the bugs out of the 10R

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'll be getting one next sometimes next year. I cant wait to take it down the back straitaway at Mosport! :D Oh, and it will be in green of course [8D].

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I can just see all the squids running over to the dealers to get this bike. So much for R1 Squids. Welcome the new breed of "mine is bigger than yours" freaks.

I'll stay with my 6 untill one of the below:
1. It dies.
2. I become a better rider.
3. they come down in price (a couple thousand bucks)

Maybe then I'll think about the 10.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I'm with zx on this one. IMO, the only one that looks good is the black. The Orange would look somewhat decent if the frame was silver. With the orange/black combo, I can't help but think of a freakin pumpkin going down the road...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The orange actually looks not too bad all things considered. Wouldn't be my personal #1 choice, but I thnk they pulled it off a lot better than the old orange/black F4 from a couple of years back. Both still remind me of a pumpkin too, or the bike of choce for the HobGoblin...

·
Registered
586 Posts
I plan on having my license plate say pumpkin. I love the look of it and am glad to call it the pumpkin. If weather had permitted I would have gone out on halloween as the headless horseman riding on my pumpkin. I also plan on buying a plain helmet and painting it the same color as my bike with a green bushy top and the frt end of the 636 look on the helmet. Its gonna look hella wicked;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.