Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, Im sick of going into threads that people post and read about all the hateful shit that you people post in them. Somebody post some pics and dont have gear on and you guys rip him to shit. Dont you guys think your thoughts might actually have a effect on the OP. What if that person is self conscious about himself and every time he goes out to ride he thinks back to the post he read in here and crashes as a result??? I honestly believe that people have a right to express themselves in any way possible but come on, were all motorcyclist here and we dont need to be spreading bad thoughts that could cause something bad to happen. I honestly wonder how many of us have gone down because somebody killed or almost killed a poster's spirit on any motorcyclist forum. Im sorry im ranting right now but its really annoying to see people say things like "your going to go down its inevitable and your going to have road rash all over your body" doesnt that sound like some witch shit????

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Seriously, Im sick of going into threads that people post and read about all the hateful shit that you people post in them. Somebody post some pics and dont have gear on and you guys rip him to shit. Dont you guys think your thoughts might actually have a effect on the OP. What if that person is self conscious about himself and every time he goes out to ride he thinks back to the post he read in here and crashes as a result??? I honestly believe that people have a right to express themselves in any way possible but come on, were all motorcyclist here and we dont need to be spreading bad thoughts that could cause something bad to happen. I honestly wonder how many of us have gone down because somebody killed or almost killed a poster's spirit on any motorcyclist forum. Im sorry im ranting right now but its really annoying to see people say things like "your going to go down its inevitable and your going to have road rash all over your body" doesnt that sound like some witch shit????
An individual that crashes their bike because of something someone said on the internet probably has no business on a motorcycle in the first place.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I am just a person that believes in whatever is on your mind is whatever is going to happen. The last time I went down I was thinking about how my friend crashed his bike the day before and I go to sattle up and towards the end of the day I went down. Before that I use to ride my bike unregistered and would always think this ride is not going to be filled with cops trying to pull me over. I would never see a single cop in CHICAGO when I went out with that mind set. I just believe your thoughts could have a effect on the OPs thoughts and that could cause some bad things to happen and I dont wanna read about that at all....

·
Registered
160 Posts
An individual that crashes their bike because of something someone said on the internet probably has no business on a motorcycle in the first place.
+1

I don't think that anybody should take anything personally here that some people might say to them. That's a bid odd if you let the internet bother you. That being said, I was posting similar thoughts in a specific 07/08 6r thread the other day. I don't understand why a select group of people feel the need to bash and ridicule every little thing about somebody's bike and/or gear. Not everyone here is as serious into the sport as others, but enjoy their bike and working on it, yet as soon as they post a picture of their bike and someone catches a glimpse that they aren't wearing full leathers it's like the worst thing in the world. I like this site, but the negativity/flaming gets out of hand at times.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I guess I am just a person that believes in whatever is on your mind is whatever is going to happen. The last time I went down I was thinking about how my friend crashed his bike the day before and I go to sattle up and towards the end of the day I went down. Before that I use to ride my bike unregistered and would always think this ride is not going to be filled with cops trying to pull me over. I would never see a single cop in CHICAGO when I went out with that mind set. I just believe your thoughts could have a effect on the OPs thoughts and that could cause some bad things to happen and I dont wanna read about that at all....
Obviously your mind-set can effect your riding, but I wouldn't think that worrying about someone's posts on a forum should cause that.

·
Powerhungry
38,187 Posts
yes. we hope so. it may very well save someones life.

if they feel bad for a minute before that, meh....

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
I just believe your thoughts could have a effect on the OPs thoughts and that could cause some bad things to happen and I dont wanna read about that at all....
Some people just don't belong on a bike.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
45,102 Posts
I think that’s why Simoncelli has been crashing. People have been making fun of his hair on an internet forum somewhere and referring to him as Sideshow Bob. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea im serious, its not my fault i actually care about the other motorcylist i see and hear about on the internet. I understand that you want them to wear gear but your going about it in all the wrong ways. For one people have freedom to do whatever they want and if you want them to wear gear show em reasons why its a bad thing not to do, dont sit there and talk about the person cuz I know if it was me I would just say fuck you back and not even consider anything you said in your post.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The best advice I read on this forum is that it's not a matter of if, but when you are going down. So wear your gear.

The best lesson I learned is when our instructors during the MSF course told us we don't need to wear our jackets, just a heavy long sleeve shirts. Guess what, I'm the idiot that low sided during one of the lessons. I wish I had my jacket then. During the ceremony of my endorsement, while my elbow is in bandages, they gave me a certificate that said, Most likely to wear a Jacket.

I learned my lesson. Hot is way better than pain.

And when I see some one riding with us not wearing gear, I suddenly develop turrets, and all kinds of words come out my mouth directed at the individual. Hurt feelings is better than a hospital.

Hey, i'm old, so what do I know.

·
Powerhungry
38,187 Posts
yea im serious, its not my fault i actually care about the other motorcylist i see and hear about on the internet. I understand that you want them to wear gear but your going about it in all the wrong ways. For one people have freedom to do whatever they want and if you want them to wear gear show em reasons why its a bad thing not to do, dont sit there and talk about the person cuz I know if it was me I would just say fuck you back and not even consider anything you said in your post.
ok.

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
We care on many different levels.

We care about you not being a statistic that negatively effects the sportbike community as a whole.

We care to help you, subtly at first and with a brick if necessary.

We care to make our fellow riders safer and more aware of the inherent dangers.

I could go on but I'm sure these points will be missed.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I don't gripe on what people wear, but i will say i doubt anyone who doesn't wear gear is self conscious about it. I have meet to many people that say I use to not wear gear until XYZ happened, now i wear gear. For some it's too late, others may feel it won't happen to them. Maybe one should think about loved ones first instead of themselves, i know i do. I see it as a type of tough love.

In short this is an open public forum, so if you choose to show pictures that might show something incrementing, like not wearing gear, doing something stupid, etc.. people will voice there opinion. I agree sometimes it may be uncalled for and off topic but what did they expect. The whole world is full of opinionated people, and a public forum isn't going to make it any different. I'm a member on 15+ forums ranging from Tech gadgets, motorcycles, cars. I can't say i see anything different going on in those threads as opposed to here.

I have never let the internet get me butt hurt. people will say what they want to say, so what. I can careless if someone disapproves what i do or choices I make, but at the same time I make Responsible grown up decisions.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The best advice I read on this forum is that it's not a matter of if, but when you are going down. So wear your gear.

The best lesson I learned is when our instructors during the MSF course told us we don't need to wear our jackets, just a heavy long sleeve shirts. Guess what, I'm the idiot that low sided during one of the lessons. I wish I had my jacket then. During the ceremony of my endorsement, while my elbow is in bandages, they gave me a certificate that said, Most likely to wear a Jacket.

I learned my lesson. Hot is way better than pain.

And when I see some one riding with us not wearing gear, I suddenly develop turrets, and all kinds of words come out my mouth directed at the individual. Hurt feelings is better than a hospital.

Hey, i'm old, so what do I know.

Well said!

The thing I dislike is that instead of people making suggestions to the person about proper riding attire, or just staying on the initial thread topic about a mod to the bike or something...it immediately turns to a flame fest.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Is this a real thread?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Is this a real thread?
I was wondering the same thing, although he said he was serious three times sooo.

:crackup:

If someone crashes their bike because they got butthurt by some random person on the internets there was something seriously wrong with them in the first place. That logic doesn't make sense to me.

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
We care on many different levels.

We care about you not being a statistic that negatively effects the sportbike community as a whole.

We care to help you, subtly at first and with a brick if necessary.

We care to make our fellow riders safer and more aware of the inherent dangers.

I could go on but I'm sure these points will be missed.
^this, bolded especially

This reminds me of a very good back and forth debate I had with acc88 regarding my hardline views on gear and 250.

Have a read if you care, or don't.
Makes no difference to me.

http://www.kawiforums.com/2009-zx-6r/178452-my-baby-2.html#post2453662

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
I am confused by the 'if I worry about getting pulled over for no registration ( he didnt), I wont get pulled over' part.

Maybe there should be a age limit for bikes...

1 - 20 of 167 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.