Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure we've all been in the classified section on kawiforums.com. Most of us have also done a search or two on ebay or craigslist. And I'm sure all of us that have, have noticed that there are some REALLY good prices on bikes in the states.

I sold my old ZZR250 in the fall, and have been looking for a deal on a '03 or '04 ZX6R or ZX6RR ever since, but the prices in Canada are more then I'm looking to spend. The bikes in the states are going in the $5,000-$6,000 mark, while the Canadian bikes are $7,500 and up. Maybe it's supply and demand over here, but it just seems like there are good deals waiting to be plucked from just over the boarder.

Anyway, that's my rant for the day. What doe you guys think?

SD

·
Registered
47 Posts
Agreed. I get choked everytime i go into blackfoot motorsports and see 15,500 for a 2006 zx10... i mean COME ON MAN...ridiculous.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Agreed. I get choked everytime i go into blackfoot motorsports and see 15,500 for a 2006 zx10... i mean COME ON MAN...ridiculous.
At least you don't have to pay 8% PST. That would mean another $1240 here.

Ontario, 'engine of Canada' grouped in with the second highest sales tax rate behind PEI.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by ricerJay
Blackfoot sucks though. I love how they don't include freight or pdi in the advertised price and then mention it to you later. And the salesmen don't even know their product. One of them actually tried to convince me that the BMW k1200s (i think that's the model, the full faired one) was faster than the 'busa when i had just read a bunch of articles putting the busa over that same bmw he was just mentioning.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Blackfoot is definately the worst dealership ever. Was gonna buy a '05 CBR600rr from them. I'm in BC, so this was a phone/mail deal. Had the papers signed, deposit made, shipping arrangements done. Then they told me it would be another 2 weeks before they could build my bike, and another week before it would be shipped. And, shipped strapped to a pallet, not even in a crate. I snapped and got my money back, bought my 636 locally.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree with you 100% too, I have seen a super souped up (exhaust, windscreen, gpr damper, gauges, hid headlights etc..) 2005 ZX-6R for only $6500 USD which is roughly $7200 CAD, you'd be lucky if you can find a used stock one in Canada for less than $8500 CAD, ofcourse the strong canadian dollar plays a key factor here but don't forget the taxes we have to pay.

But apparently it isn't even that hard to import a motorcycle from the USA into Canada (according to RIV),its just the hassle of having to do all the paper work, the transportation and then risking having yourself taxed like crazy. In the end you may not end up saving as much as you'd think. Don't forget time is money too, if you can buy your bike from a local guy it is definately alot faster then doing all the things required for importing a bike from the USA.

I think when the riding season dies down in the west coast we should see alot of good deals floating around so save up and have money when you find that awesome bike.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Boose, I've read some of your forums on OSRCLUB.com. You have some good tips for importing bikes into Canada.

You live in London right? I'm going to be buying a bike (99% it will be used), in the early new year. Any chance you can help me out with the process?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the bikes you brought to Canada both track bikes?

DJG

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Yup, i am in london.

the first bike i bought was an ex-trackbike and i imported it legit. the second one i imorted got a new identity at a rest stop in kentucky so i didnt have to deal with all the paperwork.

let me know when you're lookin, i'll give you a hand. it really wasnt that hard.

·
Registered
132 Posts
everything is way cheaper in the usa. a new 250r is half the price of the canadian one. so pissed that canada sells it for so expensive

·
Registered
474 Posts
Originally posted by caboose
it's not... i gotta have a shower but after that i'll write something up about the process
Are you trying to say that visiting the states make you feel dirty? :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Originally posted by caboose
they're not identical... but they are very close, closer than cars are. i just bought an 04 ZX-10R in ohio for $5000.

im sorry.. but i will NEVER buy a bike in canada.
I f'n envy you! That is probably the nicest looking bike on the road, and my personal favourite by far... Looks like I'll be looking in the states pretty soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.