Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have now had my zx10 10 plate for 2 months , brand new to me straight from the crate . Have changed the usuall things , decatt exhaust, single seat, iridium screen . The main thing i have done is replace the levers to ergo gilles and hel braided hose's all round these were fitted by my local bike shop , the lines were correctly bleed and set up no air in .I just carnt belive how much play in the lever before the brakes bite in , my old 06 636 felt better for a what is a less powerfull cheaper bike , from what i can gather most people seem to say crap master cylinder, my mates 07 r1 is so much better, bike is so good but just feel slightly let down by the front brakes. not a great feel for a new bike Any one eles feel the same or had similar experience

·
Registered
226 Posts
Not sure which year you have but it's a known issue with zx10Rs. The fix is to swap out the master cylinder and calipers. Most use 09 and newer zx6R or any year zx14.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
My buddies got an 08 R1 and that thing does stop nice. The R1 has 6 piston calipers vs 4 piston on the ZX10.
Have you tried different pads. Pads and lines make a huge difference. I have been running ebc's for years with good luck. Going to try Ferodo's STAC's next.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my bike is a 2010 model , i did know about the problem with 06 to 07 bikes , have changed the lines to hel ss lines , should have never taken my mates bike out for a spin then i would not be comparing it to mine.
my brakes on my 06 636 had alot less travel on the lever before they bit in .Probaly i'm being over critical and with the bike being brand new i should give myself more time to get use to these brakes and not my old 06 636 or my mates R1. many thanks for advise

·
Registered
24 Posts
my bike is a 2010 model , i did know about the problem with 06 to 07 bikes , have changed the lines to hel ss lines , should have never taken my mates bike out for a spin then i would not be comparing it to mine.
my brakes on my 06 636 had alot less travel on the lever before they bit in .Probaly i'm being over critical and with the bike being brand new i should give myself more time to get use to these brakes and not my old 06 636 or my mates R1. many thanks for advise
Try some more agressive pads as well, you will see a big difference in the bite there as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts