Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why did you decide to go with kawasaki? I'm looking for a 98 zx6-r and I was wondering why you personally went w/ kawasaki?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I bought mine as my first bike. The price was right, the color was right and Kawis are tanks -- I've put mine through many days of hard riding (not to metion missed shifts, poorly executed wheelies and stoppies) and she screams for more. Damn, I love motorcycles....

·
Registered
446 Posts
I had an 1989 EX500. When I bought it, it had 40,000 miles. I sold it at 49,000 and it's still running as strong as ever. I had such a good time with it there was really no choice in the matter. Now I have a 03 zx6r and I don't think I'll ever buy anything but Kawi.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I can't really say why I chose Kawi. I really wanted an 03 R6 flame, but they were really pricey. Same with the 03 600RR, I really liked the undertail exhaust. When I went to go see the Kawi, I just liked the 636 cc's and the styling. Price was also nice too. At least $1500 less than the others. Inverted forks, radially mounted brakes. Just wanted to go with it. I'm really glad that I did. I looked at the gixxer 6 as well, but new that they were restyling and shiat for next year, so I didn't bother.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Other then I LOVE IT!!!!......everyone in my City rides GXR's and CBR's maybe a occasional R6.......so NINJA overtakes in the originality dept.....and the extra 37cc's through it right over the top.....

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
cheapest thing i could find, colour was nice, best looking/condition bike i could find used..i really don't care what bike i have as long as it's only got 2 wheels and goes like hell!!:D
for my next bike (race) i'll get whatever i can get my hands on..only this time i'll have more experience and will look more into the performance of the particular bike..i should have enough money to buy a 03 or maybe a 04..then i just have to figure out if i should use my old bike for the street or track

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have personal experience with the 03 R6 because I just sold mine to get a 636. What made my decision was taking a class with the Superbike school where they use the 636 as the school bike. Compared to my bike, it was lightining quick at steering with noticable amount of difference in torque while driving out of the turn. Not to mention the radial mounted brakes, inverted shocks, lap timer, and solo seat cowl that come standard. Out of the box, it is the best for ME in the class for what I want to do with it. It isn't my daily driver, but a day off and track day bike. So, comfort was not an issue.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
i bought mine as a last resort, But I have to admit I find her to be more for giving than I thought she would be. I tip my hat to Kawasaki :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Learned to ride on a 85 Ninja 600R (purchased new back in 1985):D, sold it while I was stationed on okinawa Japan. Then bought a 93 ZX6E cause of comfort and love the teal & black color but sold it a year later. Got the itch again and bought a 00 ZX6R, finally finished with the mods and totaled it. Moved to VA and got the itch again and bought a 02 ZX9R. Was comfy as hell but didn't like the extra weight and was missing the flickability of the 6R. 2 Months ago traded the 9R for a ZX6RR. I'm missing the HP but love the RR. I guess if you were to cut me I would bleed kawi green[:p][:p]

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I grew up racing Kawi's. First the KX 80, had a couple of them then went the KX 125 and now on my third one. Got my first street bike in 99, got a 99 zx6r, beat the piss out of it for four years and it stills runs like new so the 636 was my only consideration. Kawi makes some great bikes.[:p]

·
Registered
448 Posts
This is my 3rd kawi of 5 bikes I have owned: 1980 550 LTD (3 years, 20,000 + miles), 1985 Ninja 900R (5 years 25,000 miles), and currently 96 ZX 6R (year and a half, 24,000 miles). I have had very few problems with all three of the bikes and I find them easy to do my own maintenance on with the service manual. I can not say the same for the Yamaha (YZ 125), nor the Honda 125 that I have also owned (granted neither of these were street bikes)...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Went to the dealer hell bent on getting the 2002 ZX7R and saw the last 2001 leftover ZX6R! $6400 out the door No interest, payments or finance charges for one year. Even financed the insurance and gear:D
Haven't looked back since. When the year was up I had enough to pay it all off.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i went to the dealer, sat on all of the 600 brands, and really liked the 600rr and the r6 flamed one.. I saw the kawi candy lightning blue 636 and HAD to have it, needless to say i pined over it for a week and then bought it. Good deal of money, but i love this bike, and everyone i talk to that has a bike knows of the 636 and is like damn! that is the king of 600's! :) gotta love this ball breaking, clunky shifting, loud engined mofo!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.