Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
1,112 Posts
Originally posted by onewickedsvt
laws are different state to state.. but... reasonable force is NOT hitting the subject with a closed fist.

agree?
Exactly, that is what I am saying. It's like self-defense...once the subject is no longer a threat you cannot continue to beat him senseless. oh, and I found the Utah code for force in making an arrest, I know they are different in every state, but this probably is pretty close in most states.

77-7-7. Force in making arrest.
If a person is being arrested and flees or forcibly resists after being informed of the intention to make the arrest, the person arresting may use reasonable force to effect the arrest. Deadly force may be used only as provided in Section 76-2-404.

EDIT: Man I had to know this crap word for word, comma period and all that crap lol. You should see how long 76-2-404 is, man that took forever to get down :D

· Registered
312 Posts
Well, i guess he coulda just bitch slapped him around a little bit. If you had your gloves on, you coulda said it was someone else with MUCH bigger hands helping you out :)

Seriously, i would have done the same thing (if not worse)

How old was this guy? The whole time im reading think thinking the guy is around 12-15 lol

· Registered
6 Posts
I know this, u kept your composure because I would haved asked if that was his bike and when he said yes I would be making for damn sure I was right in front of him and belted his ass off that bike with that helmet. I was raised if it isn't yours DON"T DAMN TOUCH IT.. Why can't these parents teach their kids better... I would say the judge will say u drop your charges if he drops his. Sorry but I am sure that is how it will go.. not a lawyer just know some of the justice system it is sucks for the buy that gets it done to him...

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I would say the same thing that everyone else is. I am normally a laid back guy, and if this was the first time this happened I wouldn't have punched the guy (but it's not like he wasn't resisting when I caught him) But it was the fact that it was the Second time this happened, and that he tried to say it was his bike,with me all geared up , he didn't have the intelligence to put 2 and 2 together. Anyway, I am trying to find out what the code says about citizens arrest here in HI.

· Registered
11 Posts
i would of did alot worse to him than punch him a couple of times if he was the reazon my bike was on the ground. I dont know about evryone else but i think a couple of hits isent anything i would of beat him and left without calling the cops. You should just go to court and tell them you told the guy you were calling the cops and he started running so you caught him and held him down. The cop didnt see u hit him so the cant prove it.

· Registered
256 Posts
If it was me the guy would not be standing on his own, fuckin gay! Thats happened to me from a distance i saw some one sitting on my bike just couldent get to it in time, (gone) they were smart enough to keep it on its kickstand tho.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well...The case was thrown out against me. The judge sayed there was not enough evidence to prove excesive force. Mainly because the ass clown waited to long to file a charge so the pictures taken for evidence didn't show any real damage. Judge said any wounds were just incidental, caused when I detained him. HELL YEA!!!

· Registered
578 Posts
now he is pressing charges for assualt. Isn't that just my luck.
make sure you let the cops know that you feared for your life, like when he threatened to break your neck, or the fact that he said he was going to run you over in his car when you got on your motorcycle. it may be too late though if you've aleady filled out the paperwork, and an assault charge is no good on your record if you get convicted :(

you should post his information up on the internet (since it will be public information on the police documents) and to be sure all the other riders in your area know about the situation, to ensure they "watch out" for him.... we all know things like this have a tendancy to take care of themselves [B)]

· Registered
466 Posts
Originally posted by HereWeGoAgain

Obviously there is no god. If there was, people like that dude would not exist..............
HereWeGoAgain, Some guy did a stupid and very wrong thing, not because there isn`t a God, but because people have fallen so far from how we were made.

This whole very unfortunate scenario would never even have happened if just one simple guidline was followed: Love your neighbor as yourself. Which means don`t covet your neighbors property, which is obviosly what this guy was doing sitting on rangers bike.

Ranger, I feel for you man, I would be pretty upset in your circumstance too. Be sure and post up how the court goes. I`m interested to see how "justice" is served.

Cheers,
micah

· Registered
164 Posts
Glad to hear the case got thrown out. The law can work in funny ways when it comes to things like that. I have a firearm carry permit and in the class that you have to take for one they discuss the different charges you can incur if you brandish or discharge a firearm without cause. The laws protect you from using force if justified BUT they do not protect you from CIVIL lawsuits. The same goes for things like assault and citizens arrest. ANYBODY can file assault charges on you for doing such a thing, but wether or not anything comes of it always depends on the judge, his mood, and the circumstances. Anytime you use force to protect yourself or your property you are going to be vulnerable to such charges wether or not they are justified. Just like anything else in life it is all a game of chance. Im just glad that justice prevailed in this case................

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.