Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bike last week and most people (non riders) ask me why I bought a kawasaki. It seems like everyone thinks the only good bike is a gsxr. I have had many non riders ask me why I got a kawasaki. But on the other hand people that know about bikes love the 636 and give me compliments on it all the time. I am just sick of everyone loving gsxr's and hating kawasaki's. I wouldnt want to trade my bike for anything else right now. I LOVE IT.

·
Registered
934 Posts
You'll just have to inform those non-riding, gsxr loving ignoramises... that they obviously don't know anything about motorcycles. ;) Or, just ask them if they got all of their carnal knowledge from that Biker Boyz movie! ...Hahahahaa :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
You get this all the time from ignorant people.

I also have Yammi Roadstar. I get crap from some die hard HD guys sometimes. The way Look at it, I bought what I want. I dont care what they like. Most that talk trash dont even ride much. I've also met some good HD guys that love all motorcycles like me.

I've met guys that ride Jap cruisers but hate Crotch-rockets..

I find it strange and funny.. who cares what others ride?

·
Registered
934 Posts
LOK has nailed it!

Typically it's the HD guys... "If it's not American made, it's crap." (Really very sadly narrow minded.)
OR, on the other hand with some rocket riders hating HDs/customs... What gives? I've seen some very cool machines come out of the O.C.C. shop on Discovery. So ya, everyone should just quit crappin' on what others ride cuz not everyone rides like Rossi. [8D]

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
If someone on a Harley gives you a hard time, challenge him to a race. He will shut the hell up. As far as the other guys go, they are just haters. And, of course Suzuki's are the best. They won all the races in Bikerboys didn't they.hahahahahahahahahaha
Here is an even better idea: If someone on a Harley gives you a hard time, challenge him to a 1000 mile ride w/ no tools and see who gets there first. You will win by far. He will have to stop at every Harley shop b/c for some reason that is what the stereotypical Harley rider does. He will have to stop and fill up w/ gas more. And, he will more than likely be stopping to ask someone for tools to fix his ride and spending time putting oil in. Not to mention if he breaks down, he will have to wait a couple of days for parts.lol

·
Registered
171 Posts
I was in a bar one time with my leather jacket on and a girl walked up to me and asked if i rode. I said yes and she asked me what kind of bike i rode before i could finish the word Kawasaki she put her hand up in my face and said gsxr's are better and walked away. I should have asked her what kind of bus she rode Darts? or the public rocket.[:M83]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Next time they say "Jap Bike" ask them if everything on their bike is made in America? The big three automakers dont make 100% made in America cars, and Harley doesn't have a 100% American bike.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
It also seems that up until recently, the advertising wars, as well as racing exposure, pushed the hell out of Suzuki & Honda especially, with even Yamaha being seen more than Kawi. With the introduction of the new 636, and now the new 10R, Kawi is getting more air time and exposure. All it takes is one ride, and they will know why ours are top notch.
It comes down to brand loyalty, which is why I think Fords suck. Bowties all the way.:D

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Simple enough. It's because people are afraid of that which they don't understand.

It may be because everyone is so caught up in the gixxer hype that they get blinded. My my, when will people stop being sheep and quit letting corporate america guide them right off of cliffs.

·
Registered
530 Posts
What we need here is a good dose of marketing.

So, from now on, when a squid or nonrider makes a negative comment about Kawasaki, we should say, "Don't say that because REAL bikers will think you're ignorant. REAL bikers know that Kawasaki rocks!" :D

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
These are the same people that say, "Gixters are cool, everything else is crap", right? I can't fucking stand retards who think they know what they are talking about. Whenever someone starts spitting bullshit about bikes, I ask them what kind they ride.

Usually, they don't have one, or used to have one (yeah, right). I was talking to a guy a week ago who said he just bought an 04 CBR 929 F4i! How the fuck do you respond to that? I just smiled and told him to call me when the riding weather comes around so I can check it out.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I always get the "Triumph, when did they start making bikes again?" crap. Err, about 11 years ago;). Then there are the ones that think EVERY sportbike is a "Ninja" weather it be a Honda, Yam, whatever. No reason to even argue with these people, really. Just nod my head and say "yeah, that's cool, man" a lot. These sorry individuals eventually wander off to continue their exercises in mental masturbation elsewhere while I, safe in the knowledge that at least I know more than these dimwits, blissfully continue my day.:D;).
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I really think it depends on what part of the country you're in, GSX's are big in Florida, Nevada etc...

I haven't had many idiots insult my bike, but I have a few cruiser riders tell me I need to get a real bike. I just laugh and tell them I would be glad to get a real bike as soon as they buy me one.

I like all bikes and think they all serve a purpose, kinda like women.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
let them talk. you tell them when they grow up and buy a bike then they can talk. or is they have a bike . take your foot out of there ass and race. to find the better bike

·
Registered
976 Posts
Originally posted by Andy_7676
I really think it depends on what part of the country you're in, GSX's are big in Florida, Nevada etc...

I haven't had many idiots insult my bike, but I have a few cruiser riders tell me I need to get a real bike. I just laugh and tell them I would be glad to get a real bike as soon as they buy me one.

I like all bikes and think they all serve a purpose, kinda like women.
Giggys are here in N Nevada but probably not like LV for sure. A bike is a bike is a bike to me and it truely stupifies me where the mentality comes from that any particular brand other than what your riding is superior.

BD

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
maybe it's cause kawasaki makes not so great tiny parts? like bolts and grommets? who knows...who cares? it's all about how good the rider is...tho people who say they suck and haven't riden them or anything should just shut the f&^* up
gixxers ARE good...know why? cause they have had it around for a while and they constantly improved it

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Originally posted by BSHAP

Typically it's the HD guys... "If it's not American made, it's crap." (Really very sadly narrow minded.)
If anything were the case, it would be just the opposite. American made stuff is usually inferior to a lot of stuff imported from overseas.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Originally posted by spartan 116
maybe it's cause kawasaki makes not so great tiny parts? like bolts and grommets? who knows...who cares? it's all about how good the rider is...tho people who say they suck and haven't riden them or anything should just shut the f&^* up
gixxers ARE good...know why? cause they have had it around for a while and they constantly improved it
Anyone I've ever known who rides a gixxer has had tranny problems with it. And yes, I have ridden a GSXR before, and I didn't like the way it felt. That's why I bought the 929 isntead of a GSXR 750.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Originally posted by speedvlaze
Originally posted by BSHAP

If anything were the case, it would be just the opposite. American made stuff is usually inferior to a lot of stuff imported from overseas.
I totally agree with you, I'm just referring to certain narrow minded individuals. I'm all for standing up for your country and being proud, but to say something is inferior JUST because it was made overseas is ignorant.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.