Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Why do people keep saying the 2008 Green Ninja 250's are faster?
Is this fact or just rumors.... I have yet seen anything produced from Kawasaki backing this theroy. Can someone provide proof of this or should I continue to ignore the rumor?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
dude green is the fastest color no matter what anyone tells you. believe the hype when it comes to kawi green....

KAWI GREEN FTW!!!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
yeah, they put the best parts in the green bikes. they're WAY faster. if you're going for the sleeper look, you'll get the green bike and then special order all the black fairings. then nobody will know that the green engine lies beneath...

s3aturnr

Reactions: meangreen7r

·
Registered
315 Posts
Simple really. Lime green is Kawi's racing color. So ALL Kawi green bikes are race-prepped from the factory. They come with 7th gear unlocked and hyperboost stock. Don't believe me, look at a dyno.

·
Registered
315 Posts

See, the Lime Green destroys all. Black didn't even bother to show up.

Reactions: meangreen7r and VeX

·
Registered
204 Posts

See, the Lime Green destroys all. Black didn't even bother to show up.

you have officially made my day.......hahahhahahah....hhaha

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
It's made for the track so the plastics weigh less, the seventh gear can be unlocked and there's less blinker fluid to save weight, plus the kawi racing ecu (computer system). I know there are other reasons too that more experienced members can explain better.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
:spam:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Black is the fastest color on the 250 because of pigment orientation.
The 250 parts are painted in Indonesia and the magnetic patterns in the area align the pigments in a pattern similar to shark skin.
Pigment alignment is used Formula1 cars, spacecraft, submarines and fighter planes.
Parts painted Green in Japan are fastest.

Pigments can be re-aligned in this pattern by using SpunkMeister Speed Juice, but you have to know which direction to point your ride before it's applied.

It's True

·
Registered
55 Posts
the green comes from the factory with double greased muffler bearings! Synthetic blinker fluid, and oversized wheel gaskets to handle the extra performance

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I knew Kawasaki made the '03 RR's faster than their 636 counterparts despite the difference in displacement, the green '04 10's the fastest of all liters, and the green '00 12 the fastest bike ever made, but I didn't think Kawi would implement it's (green specific) technology into the 250 lineup. Hmph, I learn something new every day.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts