Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no offenseto anyone but why do people ride stupid doing wheelies and things like that doing 100 + on the highway and that i dont get it just ride and cruise you now why draw attention to urself i just dont get it

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
well first off....if you just wanna cruise then get a cruiser.

i agree that doing wheelies in public is pretty retarded but then again, stunters would probably say that the shit that I do is pretty retarded as well.

how do you know that they're doing wheelies to draw attention to themselves? i certainly don't do 130 to draw attention to myself...i do it because its fun.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i see i just dont like crusiers though if i was to get a differnt bike it would be a custom chopper or a different crotchrocket

·
Registered
443 Posts
i agree with fighting falcon. when i hit the triple digits, it's for the adrenaline rush. too bad i can't speak for all riders (cough... gixxers... cough...)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i get it but i just dont see why ppl would want to swere around and in and out of traffic and that shit like i was ridding with one of my friends the other night and he was doing crazy sh*t with his girl on the back of his bike

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by yellowkaw600
i get it but i just dont see why ppl would want to swere around and in and out of traffic and that shit like i was ridding with one of my friends the other night and he was doing crazy sh*t with his girl on the back of his bike
its not swerving in and out of traffic

its efficiently moving through traffic

:D:D

G

·
i would say that's attention, and being stupid

"look at me im so skilled i can ride like this in traffic with extra weight on the back"

i bet the chick was showing a lot of skin too

·
Registered
639 Posts
no offenseto anyone but why do people ride stupid doing wheelies and things like that doing 100 + on the highway and that i dont get it just ride and cruise you now why draw attention to urself i just dont get it
how long have you been riding??

Have you ever had to sit in traffic during rush hour wile your bike was getting ready to over heat.

Just let those people do what they want to do and if they have to learn the hard way so be it.

Im not sayin I dont do stupid shit but man doing 45mph on a bike feels like you're really doin like 20mph

·
Registered
380 Posts
That dude's an asshole. I can't say I'm always completely responsible but I am careful and the risk I assume is calculated and my own. I have never even had my bike into *indicated* triple digits with my wife on the back. The worse thing in the world would be if something were to happen to her because I was being a dumbass.

·
Registered
508 Posts
i see i just dont like crusiers though if i was to get a differnt bike it would be a custom chopper or a different crotchrocket
calling a sportbike a "crotch rocket" makes you stupid, IMO.

your dick = crotch rocket
your bike = sportbike

·
Registered
443 Posts
i refuse to pack anyone on my bike. i don't want to be responsible for anyone's life but my own. also when i ride "wrecklessly" i make sure there is NO traffic whatsoever.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by reintr0ducing
i refuse to pack anyone on my bike. i don't want to be responsible for anyone's life but my own. also when i ride "wrecklessly" i make sure there is NO traffic whatsoever.
WERD. I guess I'm fortunate to live in the country, where I can find desolate back roads to rip on if I really feel the need (which is pretty much every day coming home from work.)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Many many stupid people in this world. No way around it.

To each his own. If you buy the bike then you have the freedom to ride it the way YOU want to ride it. If you want to ride it like a cruiser there is nothing wrong with that. Just because someone buys a sportbike doesn't suddenly make them a GP rider or professional stunter (though many think so).

I had this experience the other night. Went out for a long ride on a cool night and was cruising back home. Suddenly 2 sportbikes come flying up on me... either side flanking me. A gixxer 1000 and an R1. The R1 wheelies ahead and the other hops up on the tank... looking over at me the whole time like "look how cool we are". This went on for about 10 mins. Up and back they go trying to get me to join in (i'd been riding a while so I was beat). At this point I noticed they were not very good riders (couldn't hold a line in corners, almost hit each other, etc) so I tried to keep my distance. Well all was fun until the Gixxer decided to "get dumb" and wheelie ahead. Of course at night he didn't see the nice pothole in the road. When he hit it I said "Oh... this is gonna hurt" in my helmet. It looked like a big ball of sparks and plastic with a little guy tumbling in the middle of it all. He did have on some gear (helmet, gloves, mesh jacket) so it could have been much worse. Broken arm, hella rash on one side, concussion... oh his helmet cracked right up the back. Can you imagine if he didn't have it on?
I helped as much as I could until the ambulance got there. Then I headed home. I felt bad for him but hopefully he learned something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.