Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm curious... Why is it that they put that rear fender on the ninja's? It seems that, almost without exception, everyone takes it off. Are there legal reasons or something?

·
I ♥ Cute Cats!
22,797 Posts
:rofl: Yeah I might be the "Search-Nazi" around these parts :evil6:

Sucks you have to wait ANOTHER day for the bike. At least you'll be ready to roll for the weekend though.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yup, pretty much serves the same purpose as a mud flap on a truck. Stops rocks and whatnot from kicking up into your bike, stops water from soaking your back when you are riding in the rain.

I might be the only guy on here who still has the stock fender on. I ride in all weather and the thing actually does serve a purpose. I don't think it is unbearably ugly although I wish it was a little bit nicer on the eye. Regardless of what it looks like, I need it because of my riding habits and I am keeping it on.

Oh, and also, the reflector on it will help you spot me up ahead when I leave you in the dust in the twisties ;)

-Pat

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Are you talking about the hugger, or the rear plastic that holds the license plate and crap?

I have been wondering something... is there a license plate light on the stock fender... mine came with an eliminator when I bought it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts