Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again I was asked today why I choose to ride a motorcycle. In a world where nobody pays attention to the road, and more specifically, why did I choose a sportbike as my sled?

Ahem. [}:)]

Basically to sum it all up, I make the choice because life without thrill is no life at all. The feeling I get when I lay my bike over in a turn and the entry point is perfect and the speed is perfect and the bike just flows like its on rails cannot be reproduced artificially. Best dam feeling in the world (sex aside[:M97]) and I am in 100% control of how it goes down. Just me, the bike and the pavement. When you hit the apex and roll on the throttle its like sprouting wings and taking off. Total freedom on Earth and quenches my need for thrill. Add in the good times and friends I make and thats a true hobby that turns itself into a lifestyle real quick.

Now, trying to explain the reasons for loving to ride to someone who does not share that love is very difficult, which leads us to this topic.

So, what are your reasons for braving the odds on the street, and why on a sportbike?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Sportbike: $10000 Full Leather suit: $1500 Racing Boots: $300 Racing Gloves: $160 Full Track Day Pass: $200
Smoking Your Buddies Coming Out of the Apex? Priceless.[:p]

Always what I've wanted to do since I was a kid. Seeing how much faster and better I can turn lap times. Seeing the look on my buddies faces when I come around on their outside and pat them on the back while I'm passing them up. Shit I dunno. I do it to LIVE.;)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Because cages suck.They're too insulted,a biggy as to why their drivers seem so inept.On a bike everything is more acute,consequently your senses get buzzed more.This makes you much more aware of the surroundings.We spot potential trouble while riding quicker,whereas cages are doing well to spot it at all.Automatic transmissions and cellphones are two of the biggest things that ruined cages.Best of luck,BW.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
For me, it's a feeling I can't even begin to describe. It's an amazing feeling that I get when I ride, and often times catch myself with a big smile on my face for absolutely no reason. It's the one thing I have left in my life that makes me happy every time I do it. My motorcycle is a part of me!

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
The raw power....the feeling when I redline...the thrill of dragging a knee...the ability to blow away 99% of the other vehicles on the road.

Other people don't get it. I always get the "the risk isn't worth the reward on a motorcycle". Naturally, it's from people who have NEVER been on a bike.

Honestly I think people most opposed to motorcycles are those who are most afraid of them. 99% of the time I've found that people who have given me the most shit for riding are also people who rode ONCE in their life and almost shit their pants. Maybe they're just jealous.

Riding is more than a hobby - it's a lifestyle. It's taken over my life and every thing has started to revolve around it. I've made some good friends already and I have many good memories.

I also love how bikers (sport at least) are their own crew and instantly accept each other. I've had trouble with my bike a couple times and altho cagers just drive right by, the first sportsbike to come by always stops and helps me out. I love waving to each other, I love going up to random sportsbikers and comparing bikes, I love my riding brothers [:p]

Why do I ride? Cause I get a feeling in my right wrist and knees that I can't describe. But ya'll know what it is :D

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
It's a passion that I have yet to put into words, and I have tried to many times.

--David

·
Registered
140 Posts
Originally posted by tweakmon
The feeling I get when I lay my bike over in a turn and the entry point is perfect and the speed is perfect and the bike just flows like its on rails

what about the feeling you get when you lay it over, and the entry point is all wrong, and the speed is too fast, and the bike takes you for a trip in the wrong direction? [:M23]

i guess we all have to start somewhere. [:M8]

even when i was laying in the grass saying oh sh1t, oh sh1t, what have i done. i was still happier knowing I would be back on the bike in a short while, and only driving the cage for a few days.

[:M121]

back to the original post, noone has asked me why i ride in the 18 months i have been riding. people have asked me not to ride(mum), haha, right, not ride...

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
People ask me all the time. I tell them, if I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand[^]

There is nothing like twisting the throttle and gaining 60mph in 2secs. It's like being shot out of a cannon. And if after you put the kickstand down you don't have this tinglely feeling from the adrenaline, you need to put your shit on eBay:D

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Because it challenges me every second. Because it demands my full attention. Because it keeps me sharp. Because it keeps me young. It has for almost 37 years.

That's why I ride. Cagers will never understand.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
#1: i'd rather have bugs hit my visor than the windshield on my cage.

#2: i like being able to go faster in 1st than most HD's do top end lol.

#3: it's the style i choose and like.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by trig

Arthritis from [:M16]? Cause I don't know what your talkin' about.
Probably because you don't have a bike, son.

:D

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by trig

Easy for you to say, since I know you can walk outside right now and sit on your bike....err wait, pal.

[:p]
In like 9 days, that statement will be true [^]

God I miss her :(

·
Registered
11,720 Posts
i wish my girlfriend would read this thread.... i wrecked my bike and am incredibly luck to be alive and want to get back on and she doesnt understand why, but at the same time, she was the one who had to see me in the hospital allll beat up, so that is understandable. there is nothing else like it...

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon

In like 9 days, that statement will be true [^]

God I miss her :(
What makes me giggle is how the guys are the shop are molesting her while you wait for her to get back...touchin' and rubbin' her all over, sittin' on her making "vroom vroom" sounds...

All while you sit at home alone, lost, and confused...

I bet that's almost worse than seeing her beat up in the first place...

Oh well...Ain't my bike, Lol.

JK, tell your girl to get well soon for me. [B)]

·
Registered
759 Posts
Riding in traffic (commuting, around town, etc) sucks. I don't even consider it riding. It's just going somewhere on a motorcycle. The risk of getting taken out is so much higher in populated areas due to all the driveways, sidestreets, left turners, multiple lanes, etc. High risk, high chance of tickets and not much fun. I usually skip it and just take the car.

Riding the twisties out in the boonies is where it's at. Riding in the country is like therapy for me. It's awesome. More fun, minimal chance of tickets and less risk. Works for me. I put a bunch of miles on the bike every year (15K - 18K) without the hassles and risk of riding in town, so I don't feel a need to get on the bike every chance I get.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.