Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going down one of my neighborhood street doing 40 in 4th gear. It just finished raining. Just a little drizzle. The temperatur is about 170. I'm riding and I accelerate a little than I close the throttle than I can't feel the engine vibrate anymore. I gas it to see a response but get none. It's been happening all of today in the rain. When I stop I turn the choke all the way on than lessen it to 3/4. Than it runs again. What is the problem? The rain? The temperature?

Drive it like you stole it

·
Registered
111 Posts
im out on a bit of limb here, but if your getting water into your air box this could cause the problem, or if your running lean, the high humidity could cause the same problem, atleast thats my experiece on carbs on cars...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would venture to guess that you are getting carb ice. You know the whole dropping of temp in the carb venturi will cause a drop in temp thus creating the perfect environment for ice.

Red '02 ZX-6R

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just a possiblity, but on one of my prior bikes (brand with held to avoid embarrasment) I had the choke linkage loose on my butterfly, and it was blocking it, causing it to stall. Good luck. 03 ZX-6R

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.