Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a cockblocker, I'm not a priss and I'm not a bitch... (ok, sometimes but it's usually provoked) but why don't the boys want me to come out and ride with them?

I have not talked to one single guy that doesn't like to see a female rider... but it seems that the "boys" just want to ride with the boys... And I can understand if it was just intended for the "always looking for a ride" female passenger because I hate riding people, and I can also understand if I hold them up or my riding scares them, but I stay at the back of the pack and I always tell them that I know my way home and to not feel obligated to wait up for me if I don't feel comfortable keeping their pace.. so I don't understand... am I using the wrong deodorant?

All but one are married or living w/ gf... but my old man told me the other day that he thought it was because they want to mack on women while riding without the Mrs. and are afraid that I will rat them out.

I am taking this very personally because on top of owning my own bike, I'm a pretty laid-back chic and I wouldn't say I'm fugly.. I don't ride like I'm on a peddle-pusher and I'm always considerate of the riders with me. The only thing I can think of is that they might not feel "cool" when riding with a chic, or because of the "girly" paint job I had done to my bike?

Can someone tell me really why they don't want to ride with me? You won't hurt my feelings... but be gentle....---> also with opinions of my paint too...

And if anyone can direct me of how I can go about finding female riders in my area... that would be great! I'm having a bitch of a time, and I am the only girl in Indiana on the group rides site... and searches leave me with "Hog" sites....[xx(]

Thanx!

(me on right)

·
Registered
187 Posts
We have a good representation per capita of female riders in OZ, but once again it seems to be just the boys with an occasional girl on the rides. Personally, I reckon we need loads more female riders. I love group rides where there is a lot of female riders. It tends to keep the testosterone in check from some of the neanderthals!

Personally, just looking at your pic........I was contemplating divorce and flying you out to OZ. Giddy up you are cute!!! get yourself on a plane to Oz, and I am sure you would have more good looking young Aussie males to choose from to ride with!!!!:D

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
We have had a pretty good representation of female riders here (in Perth) for many, many years, and some of them often come along on group rides. They also have their own "Females only" rides once a week. At least, I think they still do.

Not all of them are confident with riding in groups, which is understandable, because a lot of them are fairly new to riding. Some of them are better than most of the guys, and I'm pretty sure that the guys find it hard to cope with the fact that a girl can ride better than them. We've got fragile egos. [:0]

I'd say it's mostly because they don't want to believe that a girl can ride as well or better than them, and then when you show them that you can, they feel embarrassed about it, leading to not wanting to ride with you simply to protect their egos.

To be honest, I ask myself the same question about female riders sometimes, but I think I have some understanding of why they don't want to ride in a predominantly male group, because I get to hear their reasons now and then. Not all of them are like this, but there are definitely some girls around who will really only ride with other girls.

Anyway, the question I have for you is: Why would you want to ride with these fools anyway? You need to find some more accepting/cool/laid-back riders, and hang out with them. I know it's not quite that easy, but it's well worthwhile if you can do it.

Personally, I think the paint looks great. Especially close up. It reminds me of bits of my old ZZR600. And no, you're definitely not fugly.

I have seen a females only sportbike forum somewhere. I'll see if I can find a link for it and post it.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
We seem only to have guys only ride groups, I only know 2 girls and their bikes aren't the quickest (CB250 and GPX250) I have invited them out to ride with us but they dont show up. I guess their not the ride group kinda of people.
Still your bike looks good and your alright I dont know why anyone wouldn't want to ride with you.
Theres a female section why dont you check it out.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah, come on down to "Bama, your welcome to ride with us. One of my managers at work is a female, and she rides with us all the time. I'm gonna hate it when she moves in a couple of months, 'cause as stated above, she keeps the Neanderthals in line.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
1st thing YOU ARE BEAUTIFULL!!!!!

2nd Most guys are asswholes and dont think woman can ride or that they will be slowed down by them.

To be totally honest with you, i have ridden with several females in groups and on track, though i find most (Not All) are slower paced, They seem to have far better judgement of the RIGHT TIME & PLACE, for riding a little more Wild.
Most guys are just all Balls and No brains once they get on a bike!

If you are ever in the New York area, look me up i am always looking for fellow riders, need a bike i have an extra...
Good luck with your search for more emlightened riders though.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Couple reasons I can think of:
1-Similar to the women in war thing, a lot of guys don't wanna see a women crashed and hurt, or worse, so they won't want to ride with you incase you do take a spill
2-Afraid your better. The local guys in my area don't seem to have this problem, a year or two ago this gal and her hubby came down from Montreal, and on our weekly sunday night ride she just blew us all away, and this was on our normal route, which she had never ridden before, crazy.

Personally I enjoy riding with anyone, there are a couple women I see regularly on my way home from work, never met them as we just share the highway for a while, but I usually pull up beside them, and the guys for that matter, and ride until one of us has to get off the highway.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
they are intimidated by women who are willing to compete in traditionally male sports.

i'm lucky because the groups i ride in mostly don't care that i'm a girl. i just show up and ride, like everyone else. they have rules about waiting for the slower riders and coming back to help in crashes (i've both helped and been helped). also, my groups are roadracing groups, so they are a little more serious about the sport than some "casual" riding groups might be. if you show up for their rides and you have gear on, they're pretty much happy with that. your best bet is to find an online forum in your area and just start showing up to rides. they'll warm up eventually.

check out www.motogirlz.org
we're really local to northeast ohio, but we have some ladies scattered around the midwest and east as well. maybe someone there can help direct you.

i think your paint job's sweeeeeet.

edit: you can start here:
http://www.localriders.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
[:+1]

Neither of the gals in the photo is in the least hard on the eyes...

I think envy has a point - I know when I ride with female riders, until I know they're capable, I tend to keep an eye on them more than I should.. often at the expense of keeping my own situational awareness up to where it should be...

My g/f rides (a cruiser...ugh!), and she's not the most experienced rider; once she dropped her bike right in front of me (literally - I had to do an unplanned stoppie to keep from riding over her; she was behind me, and I was stopping for a light. She locked her front & skidded by, bouncing on her ass, landing right in front of me...). It was scary-ass shit. I reacted well, and thankfully, she was mostly ok (some minor road rash that I treated on the spot); but it WAS NOT a fun sight.

I feel bad enough when a guy drops it; when chick critters splat, that there's just all sorts of unsettlin'

And of course, lots of guys are so insecure that a competent female rider would make their nuts just shrivel up & go home...I'm too old for that shit; I'd ride with ya....

Now, as for that paint... got metalflake??? Even the mirrors??? LOL.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
hey there fellow indiana'er i know a few girls that ride over in ft. wayne, alot of guys in that area are focused on the stunt aspect of things anymore, i'll ride w/ ya when i get my new one ;)

·
Registered
510 Posts
It might not be their fault. Maybe the wife and/or girlfriends won't "allow" them to ride with a girl, especially an attractive one like yourself.

Contrary to what Strika was saying, I would think women in the group would promote guys riding beyond their ability. The whole trying to impress the chic thing.

Sometimes I have trouble finding people to ride with also. I am quite a bit older (32) than the local riders and am married. I want to ride, they want to hang out in parking lots and chase women.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Sometimes the scenery isn't that bad following a chick on a bike...[:p]

To me a female that rides is one of the sexiest things going.
Don't try to take things too personal.
Obviously the guys in your area are too closed-minded to just wanna ride, regardless of who's around.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'd love to ride with a girl. I only have one friend with a sportbike and he don't get to ride much. Most of the time I'm by myself when riding. The biggest group I've ever rode in was 3. That's counting myself. I kinda know how you feel, except for the "being a girl" part :) If you ever come to TN, I'd be happy to take you on my favorite twisties.

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,947 Posts
Well, does your "old man" ride? You should go ride with him.
But he may be another reason for your issue. Some guys ride to pick up chicks, they see you say "hey great, a chick rider" but then get a bit scared 'cause they find out you're already spoken for. They'd probably consider riding with you a waste of time 'cause they are more looking to ride you, rather than WITH you.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.