Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i parked my bike for the winter got it started drove it an hour home parked it for a week and now cant get it to run ... well it does at idle but thouch the throttle and it dies

wtf .... i have two videos

it wil run and rev up down all over the place not touching the throttle ...

any help please checked all my vaccuum lines and they are all attached

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it idles and then dies when you touch the throttle, it sounds like your jets need to be cleaned.
+1

The carb cleaning sticky by Camaroman72 will set you straight.

Don't forget to drain your old gas and fill with fresh gas. Add some Sea-Foam to the tank and run it through after you clean your pilot jets.

Good luck!

·
Registered
467 Posts
+1 to what's already been said.

ps.

what the fuck is that video? are you revving it? fuck.. get your finger out of the way man.

·
Registered
467 Posts
ps.

depending on mileage, i don't recommend seafoam.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry about the finger apparently i drank or something just before i filmed this and i dont remember

i was not reving it it thats how it runs have ripped the carbs appart soaked it all in carb cleaner for a bit and then sprayed out every nook and cranny ... and still the same thing ..

i will film another clip in a cpl days when i get back home and post it without the finger

sorry guys and thanks for the info so far

·
Registered
34 Posts
spoxick said:
have ripped the carbs appart soaked it all in carb cleaner for a bit and then sprayed out every nook and cranny ... and still the same thing ..
Can you see through the jets? sometimes a soak in carb cleaner doesn't cut it... especially if they are really gummed up. I used a 'B' string from my guitar and poked it through my jets. I couldn't even see through my pilot jets.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here i tried taking a better one myu thimb isnt in the way and it isnt revving up and down as drasticly as last time but still not even close to proper

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
You should be able to see light through the jets, But be very careful what you poke in them.
There soft brass & can be fouled easily. by that I mean The size of the orifice Has to be just so,
Change it just a tinny etty bit & they may be fucked.

Be sure all vacuum lines are connected too.

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
That bike is starving for fuel. I would dip the carbs then do a high pressure clean.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Had the same problem when I took my ZZR out of storage. It would die any time I tried to twist the throttle and it wanted to idle all funny just like yours. I let it idle until it was getting close to 200F water temperature. I twisted the throttle again after it was fully warmed up and it didn't die. Your carbs are crapped up. I dumped half a bottle of fuel injector cleaner into the tank (filled tank before storage) for two fill ups and the bike eventually worked itself out. I know I need to get my carbs cleaned, but I've done this three times after long storage and my bike runs perfectly fine. Your gas mileage will suck for those first two tanks, but it will "clear its throat" over a fairly short period of time. And yes, for all of you out there, I know my bike is carbureted, and the fuel injector cleaner works the same for jets as it does fuel injectors.

·
Registered
467 Posts
larryj80, did you know that your bike is carburated? xD jk ... i had to.. ha

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
That bike is starving for fuel. I would dip the carbs then do a high pressure clean.

never heard of dipping and a high pressure clean ... .?
would you be kinda enough to expand my knowledge so i can finally out smart my bike lol

thnx

wait i used google sorry ....

so dipping the carbs .. when i cleaned i put the jets, needles , and the little guys with the rubber tips (cant remembr there name) in carb cleaner for about 4 hours and let them sit i also sprayed carb cleaner through every nook and cranny on the carbs went through a can and a half ... would that count or air compresser best ?

now with a air compresser do i have to worry about the little bit of oil that comes through the lines ??

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
never heard of dipping and a high pressure clean ... .?
would you be kinda enough to expand my knowledge so i can finally out smart my bike lol

thnx

wait i used google sorry ....

so dipping the carbs .. when i cleaned i put the jets, needles , and the little guys with the rubber tips (cant remembr there name) in carb cleaner for about 4 hours and let them sit i also sprayed carb cleaner through every nook and cranny on the carbs went through a can and a half ... would that count or air compresser best ?

now with a air compresser do i have to worry about the little bit of oil that comes through the lines ??
Dipping the carbs means removing all the plastic parts and submerging the carb bodies in a caustic solution like this:

You will then need to do a high pressure clean with carb cleaner and compressed air through all the circuit passages. Don't cut corners here if you want your bike to run right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts