Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've always been in love with the R1 and the other night on the way home @ 1am, I see some sort of Buell and an 05' R1 with a few mods including dual cf exhausts (sounded so beautiful). The most noticeable mod was the HID's which freakin lit up the road (i've got to get them, for safety and wow factors). I made a quick U and and caught up with them (always looking for riding partners in this quiet town). I followed them through some nice roads that I had never been on and I kept up with them every inch of the way (which probably means he wasn't a good rider or he was holdong back). I felt proud that my 636 was able to stay with them. Then the R1 dropped the Buell off and we met and chatted for a while. I was drooling over the R1.

but......

I love this 636 devotedly and the plan right now is to never ever sell it. But I really hope the ZX-10R impresses me because I'd like to keep it in the kawi fam and the R1 is currently in my eyesight for a few years down the road (actually it's the Rossi's M1 that i crave)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Stay True to the 636 as it does well with the liters. [8D]

·
Registered
560 Posts
yami did well with the r1. i had a chance to get one pretty cheap awhile back, but i passed on it. i just didnt havve the extra money lying around. if i were gonna buy a liter right now, it would be a REALLY hard choice between the r1 and 10r. both fast and both beautiful.

·
Registered
201 Posts
In the looks department, the R1 has had the title for 2 years. Even the Italians couldn't touch it. It's really a work of art. It's my favorite bike to stare at next to the 750 GSXR. These are good times for sportbikes.http://youtube.com/watch?v=gk7xyzonwvM&search=R1%20dragon

·
Registered
634 Posts
06 10r is ugly to me, needs a new headlight and uppper fairing redesign. I love the R1 and always have. The raven color one is straight nice. If i get a liter bike it will probably be an 05 10r or an R1.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
yeah the R1 has started to appeal to me lately as well, but i cannot get a yamadog or a squidzuki as my conscious wont allow it!
i will say the 05 R1 is sweet looking though.

maybe kawi will pull theur head out of their ass in 2008 with the ZX10R..How the hell you going to add 18lbs? dont care how fast it may be.
shit if the 636 gets an extra 18 lbs,con someonesay fat ass turd?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Originally posted by joonyaboy
I followed them through some nice roads that I had never been on and I kept up with them every inch of the way (which probably means he wasn't a good rider or he was holdong back). I felt proud that my 636 was able to stay with them.
Just remember, not every rider treats public roads as a race track... Doesn't mean they're bad or unskilled riders.

·
Registered
927 Posts
yeah the R1's are a nice bike, and if i ever decided to move to liter bike, which I never will)I would probably go with the 04-05 Zx-10r. I just love that metallic black they came out with in 04'.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, as far as a liter bike, I would like to have one for different reasons, but my 636 is eventually gonna become my permanent track bike, as I am more and more wanting to take my adventure seeking to the track instead of the unsafe public roads. But all will be determined by my ride, because what good are the R1's looks if I don't like the way it rides for me personally.....BUT... i don't know how many of you will admit it but sometimes i just stare at my bike and think "I would have paid 8 grand just to have it sit in my driveway and attract the envy of my neighbors and conjure up the pool of drool underneath my feet" Half of my joy from the 636 comes from just knowing how sexy it is, so that would probably influence my R1/10R decision.

personally, i like the 05' 10R better

so it's a toss up between....

and this beauty...

·
Registered
377 Posts
That is the only other bike I would have aside from my 636 based on looks alone, although based on looks alone, I did see the new limited edition R6, and I must say, that bike looks sweet. The tail light piece is gynormous, but Im sure that could be easily remedied. They want Liter bike price for it though. Only the nostalgic will buy it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i saw a black r1 fly by me when i was driving the other day and i definitely popped a woody :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.