Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
"(inklusive a set of tires) Rossi Replika,"

It's a german guy trying to rip some american off by taking the deposit money and never giving crap in return - they are always on EBAY

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Umm, I wouldn't touch that auction with a ten foot pole. 1500 miles on a CBR 600RR for $4,000? Notice how there's hardly any info at all on the bike? Seems too fishy to me.

It also says, "free shipping". Yeah, right.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The common theme to most of these scams seems to be: "This listing is restricted to pre-approved bidders or buyers only".

This subject keeps showing up on all the forums and email lists I belong to. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I screwing with two of em as we speak, one from Portugal and one from Italy, both selling '03 GSXR1000 for $4,000. I am curious how many times I can get him to go down to the Western Union office for his money.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Originally posted by swjohnsey
I screwing with two of em as we speak, one from Portugal and one from Italy, both selling '03 GSXR1000 for $4,000. I am curious how many times I can get him to go down to the Western Union office for his money.
I was thinking the same thing. These appear all the time here, and on a local board I'm a member of. I think we all need to fuck with these people and give them a taste of their own shit. Now I have something to do at work tomorrow.

If anyone else comes across one, please post here![:p]

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Originally posted by mred
I was thinking the same thing. These appear all the time here, and on a local board I'm a member of. I think we all need to fuck with these people and give them a taste of their own shit. Now I have something to do at work tomorrow.

If anyone else comes across one, please post here![:p]
Lol. It's good to see people throwin it back. I come across them every day and I'll post up here when I find some more.

·
Registered
287 Posts
just tell them you would like to give them cash in hand, but would rather pick it up in person no matter where they are. that usually makes the sale disappear (ebay, cycle trader,auto trader, etc..). i've seen it done three times this year.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
While that is a good way to figure out if it is a scam or not as soon as you say that they stop replying. I want to keep them on the hook as long a possible. I want them to expect some money only to have their hopes dashed.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
While that is a good way to figure out if it is a scam or not as soon as you say that they stop replying. I want to keep them on the hook as long a possible. I want them to expect some money only to have their hopes dashed.
Exactly! Keep leading them on just to piss them off more...Time to have some fun!!![:p]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.