Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the board and also to any kind of bikes[:M21]...arturo3rd directed me here and said i can get the info im looking for..(thanks)

im in the market for a sport bike(of course)(sellin the stang[:M34])
and im intrested in everyones opinions on why the ZX6R...
i am open to any and all info to help me get familiar...

thanks

danny d...

-----------
1995 ford mustang GT..(4 sale)

·
Registered
266 Posts
the zx6r is the only bike ive owned but ive ridden a few and its by far the most comfortable.. anywyas i have an 02 for sale with 7100 miles i can cut you a deal for about 5700 you can hit me up @ 832 2772025 since youre houston i will even show you some pics

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I went to the dealer and fell in love (or lust??) at first sight. After looking around at the competition, no other bike really felt right. all the other bikes just felt cheap in comparison. The ZX6 is a great bike and I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for a bike that can do just about everything. I've ridden all kinds of bikes from cruisers to tourers and the ZX6 is by far the best bike I've ridden out of all of them (I may be a bit biased though).

As far as I'm concerned, this bike has it all. Looks, power, stability, and the ability to make long trips a joy. I've done 500 miles in a day with minimal complaints (my butt namely). But all in all, a great bike. I'm glad I made the choice to buy this bike, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Registered
700 Posts
cause they're the sh*t, nuff said

·
Registered
67 Posts
I specifically looked for an 00-02 ZX-6r because they are more comfortable than the 636 for sport-touring, and also because I liked the larger size of the bike.

All of the new 600's keep getting smaller and smaller, I guess to keep the weight down for bragging rights, but nothing looks gayer than a big guy on a tiny sportbike. [V]

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Hypnotoad, I think you're a little misled here. The '03 has the same wheelbase as the '02, is slightly longer, basically the same width, and is only slightly shorter in overall height. The 600's are in fact not getting smaller. It's not like they're becoming pocketbikes... they're becoming lighter. In fact the place these bikes are losing most of the weight is in and around the engine more than anything else. Yes, the clipons are lower on the '03. This is done for handling purposes not to "shrink" the bike.

The dimensions of open class bikes are all extremely close to those of the 600's. The Gixxer family in particular shares the identical dimensions on all three classes - 600, 750, and 1000. I don't think a big rider looks any different on the new 600 than on the 1000. And how many times have you heard the new big-bore bikes (R1, CBR10RR, ZX10R) being praised for having "600-class" dimensions? Check out this press release from Kawasaki on the new 10R, and how many times in the text they use "600" as a benchmark.

Anyway, point being the bars are lower on the new 600's than they used to be. The bikes are lighter and faster, but not physically smaller in reality.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've ridden the "other" 600's, and I have to say that my ZX-6R handles like no other. More comfortable than the GSXR, and cheaper than the Honda...as for Yamaha, I have no opinion.

·
Registered
70 Posts
For the money the ZX-6R was the best choice in my opinion. I felt the Honda 6RR was more track oriented, and the R6 and gixxer 600-750 has been played out around here. I liked the looks, I liked the extra mid-range power, and I liked the price tag so the choice was pretty obvious for me.

Your best bet is to sit on them all, take them out if your dealer lets you. What one person likes another one hates, its all up to you.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I had an 89 EX500 and loved it. I rode that bike for about 1 year then started looking around for a 600. I was torn between the 6R and R6. At first I was leaning towards the R6, I loved the headlights and styling. I didn't make up my mind untill I had sat on the 6R for awhile and just stared at it and the R6. After that I couldn't get the Kawi out of my mind, and the next day I bought it. As 600's go there isn't a huge diference in performance between them from year to year. It didn't matter to me that the Kawi was at the top or not. After putting nearly 6000 miles on it the only thing that I have any problem with is the suspension is a little hard but I could probably adjust most of that out (I'm kind of leary to go tweaking on the suspension).

·
Registered
534 Posts
Youre an all american mustang guy right? and you know the saying "there's no replacement for displacement" right? the 636 is the answer for you. hands down! it out does other production 600s in useable power. on the twisties? i always read that the bike is rather nervous. I rode dirtbikes all my life. compared to dirtbikes, the 6R's nervousness seems like a walk in the park. to the mores sensitive, the bike nervousness is cured with small suspension tweaks to go according your your style and of course, sure insurance, a damper. I was reluctant to buy the 6r, my 1st choice was the cbr600rr. I'm VERY happy with my choice. I've ridden the other big 3 bikes...biased as it may sound, I dont like'em one bit! besides, everyones into yami's gixxers and cbrs. sometimes its good to be different, especially when you're leaving them behind. to be even more biased, my dirtbike's a kawi too.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I went with an 02 zx6r cause I read a few articles that said it was the best 600 sport ride for the average guy. Most reviewers said it did well at the track but was also very comfortable as an everyday rider (I commute 50mi. a day) I also liked that the 02 was one of the only carburated sportbikes. I know that FI is better for performance but my other bike is fuel injected and I ended up spending $500 on a power commander and custom map to adjust for all the mods I made. I just liked the idea of foolin with carbs again. The 03 is now fuel injected.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
dude, i told you i got your back.

how much for the GT?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
my 01 because it was real comfee and my 03 just because it look bad ass[:M18]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.