Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down the other day and i did not wear my jacket because i was just going to work. On my way home i hit some sand and gravel in the road and lost it. Here are some pics of the road rash i could of prevented. The bike is not to bad just the plastic on the left side needs to be replaced so i guess i got kind of lucky. I will post pics of the bike when i get a chance.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Not that you're not right but this is why EVERYONE should WEAR YOUR GEAR. (This is a Dear friend to me that Rides in my local club)Its not about the bike one rides its the love of the ride..

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I love it when people say that they don't wear their gear when they aren't pushing it. They only wear it out on real rides. then they jump on th einterstate and "cruise" at 50.

at 50 with no gear, you go down, you're going to be in pain.

just chuck it up to lesson learned.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by 05zzr600
I went down the other day and i did not wear my jacket because i was just going to work. On my way home i hit some sand and gravel in the road and lost it. Here are some pics of the road rash i could of prevented. The bike is not to bad just the plastic on the left side needs to be replaced so i guess i got kind of lucky. I will post pics of the bike when i get a chance.
Wow man I'm glad to hear your going to be okay.:) As for the bike who care's it a machine made of metal and plastic. It can be replaced. Just another example of why I wear all of my gear all the time. No excuses!!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
How's the body feeling these days? Are your cuts and scraps healing?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea everything is mostly healed expect for the inside of my elbo from bending it, thanks for asking

·
Registered
471 Posts
Road rash is the lame, in my accident (car pulled out without looking) i had road rash on my entire back and tore a good deal of skin off my flanges (heh always wanted to use that word). I ALWAYS wear my helmit so i didnt sustain any brain truama but the large crator in the back of my helmit diffantnly suggest i would have. A jacket would have saved my back from the rash but not much could be done when i full heartedly racked my self taking out the front end. SO keep safe everyone

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Here's mine: (seemed appropriate for the thread)
Going to cross the street from a restaraunt to a gas station. Lost it in the parking lot when my back tire hit oil in a curve @ 25 mph. My face hit the curb, helmet was on the bike and not my head. I figured I was just going across the street, I'll be fine. Wrong [xx(]. Got a 3 inch skull fracture above my eye and cat scan showed I had air around my brain. Next day the air was gone and it took 3 months for the fracture to fuse. Hard lesson to learn.[V]

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by bennsb
Here's mine: (seemed appropriate for the thread)
Going to cross the street from a restaraunt to a gas station. Lost it in the parking lot when my back tire hit oil in a curve @ 25 mph. My face hit the curb, helmet was on the bike and not my head. I figured I was just going across the street, I'll be fine. Wrong [xx(]. Got a 3 inch skull fracture above my eye and cat scan showed I had air around my brain. Next day the air was gone and it took 3 months for the fracture to fuse. Hard lesson to learn.[V]
Wow man I hope your doing okay now. Just another example for you riders that don't believe in wearing gear. I know your out there somewhere. I wear all of my gear all the time. No excuses. Summer time too. I'd rather be hot than have something awful happen to my body that I have to live with for the rest of my life. I hope you recovering well my friend:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
All the gear, all the time, here. Hope all you guys pictured above are doing well. I am married with children and now that I am riding on the street, they are my extra motivation to wear it. Never went down on the street, but I know what dirt crashes feel like. I will take these pics as a sign...
Best wishes to my fellow riders....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.