Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyday I am on craigs list just searching bikes and prices around my area. It is so annoying finding salvage bikes with people asking for 5k and 03 636s fully stock going for 7k and such. I just don't see the point of people asking for so much when they know the bike is not worth it.

Here is an example of a bike I think is overpriced...

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/769206579.html

I hear people getting their zx6rs for $3000-$5000 so who would pay that much for a 99? Ughh it doesn't make sense...

·
Registered
261 Posts
its season so everyone is running out and getting a bike. demand is high, so are the prices. wait til winter when all the people who just bought a bike on a whim then realize they have no place to store it :thumbup:

·
Registered
147 Posts
its season so everyone is running out and getting a bike. demand is high, so are the prices. wait til winter when all the people who just bought a bike on a whim then realize they have no place to store it :thumbup:

What is this "winter" you speak of? Ohh you mean the cool riding season.. as opposed to the warm riding season in summer.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
check out ebay too man, thats where i got both of my bikes. dont be scared of a little damage either. it will help you become more familiar with the bike.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
yeah i know a guy around here who is asking something like 6 or 7K for his 00 or 01. I laughed in his face when he said that was his asking price.... oh yeah, pretty much stock, save the slip on.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
check out ebay too man, thats where i got both of my bikes. dont be scared of a little damage either. it will help you become more familiar with the bike.

fuck that. i'll never buy a bike off of ebay unless i get to put eyes on it beforehand. my buddy bought a 2004 636 off ebay in "good condition" and when he got it, it was alll kinds of fucked up.

G

·
i bought my ZX10 off ebay, back in december of '06. very risky thing to do but the bike was close to mint when i got it. however the seller was difficult to deal with prior to shipment. first and last time i buy a bike off ebay

·
Registered
147 Posts
I know guys that are married that their wives say you need to get rid of some toys and the put them up for sale at a crazy price so they don't sell.

I'd put the wife on CL. Honestly I dont know how people stand having wives who say stuff like that. I am not married yet but almost. I have ridden a bike since before we started dating, I have also had fast cars and done all of the sky diving and scuba diving and small plane flying I want. That WILL not change when I get married (or at least that is what I tell myself.. LOL):eek:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Exactly. I got lucky and got my R6 with full, high-mount exhaust, stage 3 jets, Harris-Ariete rear shock, frame sliders and bar-ends for $3500. The guy was asking around $4500. Also, you can sometimes catch people that are in the military or moving. They can be a little more apt to selling well below their asking price because they can't take it with them.

·
Registered
462 Posts
It can definitely be frustrating. But as others have said, be patient, and a good deal will definitely crop up (even during the riding season sometimes). Also, the sellers are almost always willing to negotiate on price, unless they say so explicitly in the ad. For example, I bet this guy could be talked down to 2,500, to make this a pretty good deal:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/mcy/769271210.html

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.